Thread: Cock Fighting

Cock Fighting

Cock fighting used to be rather big here in Virginia in the USA back when I was a youngster . Of course that was the 60's and 70's . Now it's pretty much illegal here .
    Back in 2008 I went to a fight in the Philippines , think that was the first fight I'd seen since probably 1967 or so .

Anyway do you blokes still fight them in the UK and Ireland ?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Cock fighting used to be rather big here in Virginia in the USA back when I was a youngster . Of course that was the 60's and 70's . Now it's pretty much illegal here .
    Back in 2008 I went to a fight in the Philippines , think that was the first fight I'd seen since probably 1967 or so .

Anyway do you blokes still fight them in the UK and Ireland ?
    It's "banned"... but even with that said, it's a long, long time since I heard of anyone doing it over here and I've no idea where or even if it might go on now. Doubtless, someone does it but they wouldn't dare advertise the fact.

Bare knuckle fighting, on the other hand, is a regular in most city centres every Friday and Saturday night, but that's more of an audience participation sport these days. No question of a ban on that working.

Heck, there are even people trying to Ban "Bullfighting" in Spain, but helicopter gunship manufacturers can hardly keep with demand. S'a Funnee Old World, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Entirely illegal here!
    The same here in Ireland and has being for a very long time.

Banned in England 1835 I think not certain on that, banned in Scotland sixty years later 1895, though illegal fights carried well on into the 20th century and may still do, further act in 1952 made it illegal to be in possession of any instrument or devise used or capable of being adapted for use in cock fighting.

Cock fighting together with dog fighting has been officailly banned since 1835.

Ian.