Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge Dorchester County Maryland USA

Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge Dorchester County Maryland USA

The Blackwater NWR in Dorchester County Maryland offers many chances for a Sika stag or hind ! Actually two hind or a stag and hind in each of the 3 seasons !

I usually hunt one day in the muzzle loader season and a day in the gun season .

And here are some pics taken from different places on the refuge in the last 4 years .

Hope you enjoy I believe it to be slightly different from what you guys normally hunt . Well most of you atleast

Hmmm some pics of the ugly YANK !

Sika doe with ML October 2009

Two Sika hind from 2010 gun season !

Some pics from this year when I hung stands and when I hunted the ML day !

Do you drag them back to the Veehikkel through the swamp after gutting them out or before?
    I drove through Jacob Lake Arizona at lunchtime on the way to Zion park and it was heaving with hunters all after mule deer everyone was decked out in camo without any orange (real masculine), I asked them and Az does not require it.
    I have had no time to hunt on this trip as I fly back on Sunday next and it will only give me 1.5 days in Las Vegas though I might get lucky with the dames (I think not).
    Regards
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarianbrit View Post
    Do you drag them back to the Veehikkel through the swamp after gutting them out or before?
    I drove through Jacob Lake Arizona at lunchtime on the way to Zion park and it was heaving with hunters all after mule deer everyone was decked out in camo without any orange (real masculine), I asked them and Az does not require it.
    I have had no time to hunt on this trip as I fly back on Sunday next and it will only give me 1.5 days in Las Vegas though I might get lucky with the dames (I think not).
    Regards
    Martin
    The place where I killed the Sika with the muzzleloader I bring them out to the fire road ungutted . And I always have a wood cart there to carry the deer , treestand gun etc . When I hunt the place where I killed the two hinds with the 20 gauge shotgun I'll gut them where my stand is and then take them to the road thats only about 100-150 yards away and drive the truck to them !

Some places on that marsh are a heck of alot more water and thick then others !

The one I killed with the muzzle loader was back in there maybe 300 yards from the fire road . It took me almost and hour to get me , the deer , the treestand and my ML and pack out in a single trip . Some of that water I have to go thru almost requires hip waders . And the trees beneath the water do not help or the mud beneath the water . But it's the closest productive place for Sika deer to where I live .

I sometimes hunt the Chincoteague Natioanl Wilflife Refuge here in Virginia but thats a draw hunt and I usually get a tag about every 5 years now .

fantastic pictures that looks like a great place to hunt, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports