Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: types of 22rf allowed on ticket

types of 22rf allowed on ticket

i have on my ticket 22rf am i allowed to have a 22wmr rf as its same calibre but bigger bang ive got chance of a realy nice condition one cheap

cheers adrian

Could be wrong, but I suspect not, I think you'll find whilst its the same diameter bullet, the magnum part of the name identifies it as a seperate calibre, they are after all not interchangeable rounds within one firearm being as one has a significantly larger case length.
    I may well be corrected though.

its an error on the part of your FLO and will be dependant entirely on your Firearms office and the RFD selling

If I was an RFD I wouldn't sell you a WMR without confirmation from the Firearms office.

ring your office and then get the RFD to call when you are purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by webby954 View Post
    i have on my ticket 22rf am i allowed to have a 22wmr rf as its same calibre but bigger bang ive got chance of a realy nice condition one cheap

cheers adrian
    I have spoken to our friends at the Licensing Department and they stated that you can go for the one you fancy.
    As always, Cumbria are the cream-of-the-team.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by webby954 View Post

cheers adrian
    its .22, it's rimfire. Yes. Thus the reason you can get semi auto .22wmr, because its still a .22 rimfire. It's all the same legally. Shame they can't/won't put .22cf on 'aquire' instead of .223, .222 etc :/

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    I have spoken to our friends at the Licensing Department and they stated that you can go for the one you fancy.
    As always, Cumbria are the cream-of-the-team.

HWH.
    +1 as with GMP a .22 is a .22 go for the one you want
    Wingy

When you applied what was you thinking of getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    +1 as with GMP a .22 is a .22 go for the one you want
    Wingy
    +2 .22 rimfire counts for either lr or wmr or indeed rimfire short, cb etc., what is not permitted is .22 centrefire atb Tim

.22rf IS .22rf - whether that be .22 short, .22 long, .22 long rifle or .22 WMR = ALL are .22rf

The FAC autorisation is for caliber NOT chambering - their wording in the Firearms Acts revolves around caliber
    IF however you just had ".22" as the permission you could also add such things as .22 Hornet & others to the possible list of what to buy

I had .22RF on my licence and phoned my FLO and asked if i could buy a .22WMR they said that because the WMR was classed as a rimfire it would be okay, however no so according to my FEO who said because its a magnum it is not a standard rimfire and will need a seperate variation, so not even people within the same department can agree!
    I purchased said gun from a warwickshire RFD as my local gunshop would not entertain the idea even though the same county FLO and my assurance that it was okay with the office, i even suggested they phone them up, they obviously did not want the sale.

Ian.