Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longridge fell

Longridge fell

Anybody on here managed to get the lease on longridge fell off upm tillhill?

No they havent. No one did. The existing stalkers were awarded it apparently. I suspect they were told the best tender and asked to match it. Looks like it was all a paper exercise to be honest.
    I bid but was not sucesful. Will pm you the amount if you wish

ye we also put a bid in ,as shootingduckdog says ,paper exercise or testing the water, hope nobody came from a long way off for what appearse a pointless exercise

i am one of the longridge syndicate and can assure you there was nothing iffy about our lease renewal.when any of us stalkers including yourself renew we all worry about how much others will bid and dread the thought of being out bid by people we dont know.we are not rich men but we bid a lot more than we paid in the past to keep our bit of stalking. i hope this puts your mind at rest and i also hope you find stalking at a reasonable cost regards CHAZNUT

Hi Chaznut. Thanks for that. I was not seeking to cast aspersions but when I asked about the lease originally I was told the original syndicate were being asked to leave. I then was told they were being awarded it. To be fair I feel sorry (in a none patronising way) as the rest of us have been used to increase your cost of stalking. I have heard nothing but good reports of the work you guys do on there so good luck and keep it up

thanks for the reply buddy no offence was taken but i can understand peoples frustration at the way these matters are dealt with. we have been in the same boat on numerous occasions. we have traveled and viewed many shoots in the past and have been astounded to lose some of them after bidding more than they were worth just because they were convenient for us. enough moaning lets enjoy the shooting while we can. cheers chaznut

Have you got plenty of sika on there. Only reason I ask is that someone had shot a stag in goosnargh. Seen a couple at ribchester when lamping but never seen any round here

I think it's only fair that the current syndicate should get first dibs at renewal, providing they have met all their obligations.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Slightly off the subject, but a couple of years ago in the above area walkers etc were calling the police and other rescue services as they heard them rutting with the whistle being considered as folk in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by chaznut View Post
    thanks for the reply buddy no offence was taken but i can understand peoples frustration at the way these matters are dealt with. we have been in the same boat on numerous occasions. we have traveled and viewed many shoots in the past and have been astounded to lose some of them after bidding more than they were worth just because they were convenient for us. enough moaning lets enjoy the shooting while we can. cheers chaznut
    spot on ,if you dont intend giving it up it is upseting when you lose it !, happy hunting ,its a lovely peice of ground