Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley can launcher

webley can launcher

Can anyone tell me which way up you put the can on the launcher , is it can bottom down or open end down . thanks gerry

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Can anyone tell me which way up you put the can on the launcher , is it can bottom down or open end down . thanks gerry
    If it is an old launcher ,the old cans had a lip top and bottom which held the in to the cup .

There you go:

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    There you go:

The dummy launcher has a spigot up the inside of it with a o ring seal on it to hold the dummy

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    The dummy launcher has a spigot up the inside of it with a o ring seal on it to hold the dummy
    The can launcher doesn't. I have one and am still having no luck finding cans that fit.
    Back in the early sixties I used to have some fun most Sunday mornings launching coke cans and a friend or two would try and hit them, that of course was in the days when cans were pre metric.

mine is the can launcher , no spigot , What im asking is do you put the flat base of the can direct onto the little chamber , or do you have the volume of the can over chamber , the can will hold in place either way up via the o'ring

Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    mine is the can launcher , no spigot , What im asking is do you put the flat base of the can direct onto the little chamber , or do you have the volume of the can over chamber , the can will hold in place either way up via the o'ring

Yes the can goes all the way in there is a rubber seal which hold the gases from the blank without it, it the can won't fly very far ,I turned mine into a dummy launcher ,it has a recoil like a 44 mag but the dummy really goes ,the spaniels just look at you giving it wtf .lol

lol , so with a empty can , Which end of the can gets held by the o'ring , so is it the open end i took the top off that pushes in the o'ring . or is it the solid bottom end of the can that pushes into the o'ring .

The solid bottom; but you need an obsolete can with a lip to engage under o-ring.

Quote Originally Posted by shortshot View Post
    The solid bottom; but you need an obsolete can with a lip to engage under o-ring.
    Try Lidl or Aldi for beer cans that fit. Bill Harding who set up the Birmingham Proof House Museum told us about this on a recent tour, he showed us one of the original can launchers and a can that fitted! I can't remember which brand it was though, sorry.

Simon