Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how many spent on stalking since day one ????

how many spent on stalking since day one ????

Was just thinking the other day god ive spent some money on scopes/guns/binos/lease/clothes/ etc etc since ive got into stalking.

if you guys had to put a total spend on everything you spent that is stalking related eg equipment/guns/stalking paid/lease etc etc since the day you started what would it be.

I reckon im around the 10000 mark

if only my missis knew the true value of scopes/guns etc she would go mad

what about you guys ??????

ATB

Dave

thousands regards pete

Well there are two sets of costs. The initial outlay is quite high. I have some cash saved up that's earmarked for a rifle and scope when the FAC comes through, but that's likely to be a one off expense (a pretty hefty one, but nevertheless, not a regular one). After that, the regular expenditure isn't necessarily that much, although admittedly I don't do this often. But it's a bit like wildfowling: you need to buy a load of gear once, but it's not that expensive to then keep ticking over.

Don't EVER try and work out how much you've spent on it over the years. Otherwise the fact that it makes absolutely no sense economically and that the money saved at the butcher's doesn't come anywhere near compensating for the outlay becomes really obvious...

Well into 5 figures.

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    if only my missis knew the true value of scopes/guns etc she would go mad
    I have a buddy who has the job of ensuring that my Mrs does not sell my stuff for what I told her I payed for it, after I pop my clogs.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Well into 5 figures.
    Me too, easily. But what does amaze me is then how many people then moan about the relatively insignificant annual membership of a shooting organisation that is there to help protect what we enjoy on so many levels from grass routes right up to liaising with parliament.

If you dont have the good fortune of stalking at the end of your garden then dont forget the rocketing cost of travel. This surely has to be the biggest limiting factor to getting out there and doing it now.

Long gone are the days when I wouldnt think twice at a 120 mile around trip to Bilsey for a spot of load development and practice.

Cheers

K

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    Me too, easily. But what does amaze me is then how many people then moan about the relatively insignificant annual membership of a shooting organisation that is there to help protect what we enjoy on so many levels from grass routes right up to liaising with parliament.
    Hahaha! I'm not so sure cost is always part of that decision making process! I certainly didn't mind paying up for my shooting organisation of choice though!

I received a bill for transportation, VAT and paperwork of some african hunting trophies on monday. That's another 1045. That didn't include the price of the taxidermy in RSA. Nor will it include the costs of getting two of them measured for medal status if I choose to do this. It's an expensive business this hunting game!!!

Hi guys be cool as long as the wife never knows
    And I did not want to spend money on a kitchen extention
    cheers