I'm going to beat the drum again...

Rob Mac

Hi

I know that I'm in danger of boring you all with the latest site statistics (again), but at the end of last month I said that we had more than 92,000 pages downloaded from site in the previous 30 days.

The figures have now gone through the roof and in the last 30 days 101,262 have been downloaded.

It's officially the best and most popular stalking site in the world - ever! (well almost).

Cheers,

Rob
Editor

Beat that drum,
the more that read, hopefully the more thsat reply, and I think everyone finds it a great site.
Many thanks.

I look at a lot of stalking, hunting and fishing forum sites and this has got to be the one with the least idiots on it and the most constructive posts - well done everyone!!

PS:

Closely followed by Hoppy's sea trout fishing forum.

wow well done rob,i wish i had discovered this site sooner you have a good bunch of sensible blokes here

Nice one!

Who tells you "It's officially the best and most popular stalking site in the world - ever!"

Bob
Thats half way to being witty. That must make you a halfwit :lol: :lol:

The old ones are always the best ones. ;)

Seriously. I'm interested in who collates the comparison figures.

Any forum is as good as its contributors but that said someone has to create it in the first place so all credit to you Rob, well done and thank you for creating something so popular and obviously going from strength to strength, long may it continue...... :D

TJ,

There are a lot of different sites that collate the figures. It depends on what statistic you're looking at. Most sites are ranked by visits and links. Some people will do subjective rankings based on quality.

I'm guessing what Rob meant was the quality of members and the number of posts, which really aren't ranked anywhere.

Congratulations on building your traffic Rob. I know that's a hard thing to do.

GSG

I've actually looked behind the scenes last time I met up with Rob. Its very impressive. Lots of pie charts, bars charts, pointy patterns on graphs. I hadn't a clue what it all meant but hey it looked good! :lol:

Rob will always say that it is down to the members making the site great.
I agree, but Rob you do all the work and it was your brain child after all. Just for once accept that you are doing a bloody good job and that it wouldn't be possible without you. Its okay to take the credit sometimes you know. ;)

TJ wrote

Bob
Thats half way to being witty. That must make you a halfwit

The old ones are always the best ones.

Seriously. I'm interested in who collates the comparison figures.

Hi TJ

Obviously I'd think this was the best stalking site in the world regardless of statistics!

To be honest there is no way of knowing what volume of traffic is going to other sites, unless the people running the site tell us. So my claim that this is the best and most popular is based on nothing but deceit and prejudice. Does that help?

Good on yer Rob, nothing wrong with banging the big drum, and you deserve the credit. I see the site has been tweeked up with new picture headers, are they of your recent foray into the highlands?

I have a picture embossed on my mind. A 6ft 5" ex matlo sweating and panting like a steam train climbing heartbreak ridge two weeks ago. :lol: pity I didnt have the camera. :rolleyes:

Pictures

Hi Malcolm

You're right. The highland pictures on the banners at the top were all taken last week on the Mauld Estate nr Cannich (Inverness).

We had a brilliant few days, 5 hinds, too many laughs to count. I don't usually drink Scotch, but oh my God.......you can imagine.

Congratulations Rob on the popularity of the site and I agree with everone else, the forum is great infact this is the only stalking site I visit now.
The only thing that could make it any better would be to get the shop and the auction pages up and running, is this likely to happen some time in the future
:D

6 foot 4 inches actually and yes I was perspiring somewhat! If I get the chance again I'm going to run up that soddin heart break ridge in my 'flip flops' I won't be beaten by a wee hill! :eek:
I'm in training for it!

Gunslingergirl said:
There are a lot of different sites that collate the figures. It depends on what statistic you're looking at. Most sites are ranked by visits and links. Some people will do subjective rankings based on quality.

I'm guessing what Rob meant was the quality of members and the number of posts, which really aren't ranked anywhere.

GSG

I have always gone for quality rather than quantity. Which search engines will do subjective quality rankings.

Rob Mac said:
To be honest there is no way of knowing what volume of traffic is going to other sites, unless the people running the site tell us. So my claim that this is the best and most popular is based on nothing but deceit and prejudice. Does that help?

Helps enormously, and confirms my suspicions.

Just had a look at the site stats. Seems the site is dominated by about 20 posters. give or take a few posts.

Nice site though. Pity about the domination aspect.

Just whizzed a look at some of the other stalking and shooting sites.

UKV 11,100 post 441 members
PFS 17.103 posts 322 members ( But they do have a regular non posting member deletion programme)
DT 4,733 posts 121 members
AirgunBBs 169,562threads 1,657,714 posts 11,488 members
Benchrest Central 328,192 posts 11.955 members
LongRangeHunting 176,919 posts 9680 members
6mBR 45,736 posts 3,893 members ( Reputed to be the best shooting forum going)

How about this then nearly a 1/4 million visits in 30 days

AccurateReloading 222,699 visits in the last 30 days.

Ok I know it proves nothing but...........................................................

I just love the numbers :oops:

Stats mean bugger all as far as I'm concerned. This site is fantastic. I've learned loads about stalking on here and can't believe the number of PM's I've had when asking questions. There are some very friendly helpful people on here. Thanks to Rob for running it. It is very much appreciated.

Merry christmas to all the board contributors!

MJ

Back