Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flights to Africa

Flights to Africa

Looking at flights to East London in Africa. Someone recomended Airfrance. Has anyone any experience of them or who would you recommend. Cost is important but if its only the difference of 50 I would prefer the better service.
    Thank, Tusker

I have used KLM (via Amsterdam) for about five different countries in East and Southern Africa - they are always good value and we have never had a problem with them
    NB - Some baggage handlers in S.A. particularly, can be somewhat less than gentle with your luggage!

Hi, I fly emirates every time, they have a fantastic service and i found them cheaper and you get a lot of baggage allowance too, but i would really recomend using the safe search in your browser or turning off cookies as they remember when you want to go and will charge you more later on when you want to book it.

Air France are not very good old aircraft, emirates are the best providing they fly to the desired destination, only air France go to my regular haunt so I have to suffer them!

Air France use A380 to Jo'burg. Twice a year I do the Manchester - Paris - Joburg route. Guns always turn up OK in the SAPS office at Joburg.

Stan

8 trips to Africa with Virgin,no problems then South African Airways for internal flights.
    Only hassle with SAA is they try and charge you for extra baggage for your guns.
    I have a report from their CEO stating that no payment is required.
    I can scan and send on if anyone wants one.

DavieH

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Air France use A380 to Jo'burg. Twice a year I do the Manchester - Paris - Joburg route. Guns always turn up OK in the SAPS office at Joburg.

Stan
    This, we went on an A380 from Paris to Jo'burg. Not exactly an 'old aircraft' really.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    This, we went on an A380 from Paris to Jo'burg. Not exactly an 'old aircraft' really.
    Exactly when i went to joburg this year on a nice new A380 thought the connections were very good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    They must use better aircraft for SA then, they fly well used/abused Boeing's to WA, only ever done BA to SA.

Two of us had our gun cases damaged on an Air france flight to charless degaulle airport from Joberg, both of us had a hell of a time getting composation from them for damaged scopes and binns, will never go with them again, used Virgin last year and will use again in June. deerwarden