Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RefundBay Not Fle eBay

RefundBay Not Fle eBay

The other day I bought a 1980s. Zeiss sniper scope off eBay. Now I have on already and it is awesome. Now I had a budget of 400 and paid 366. I was happy.
    now it was listed as having a little water in side, but that's not the end of the word. Turned up yesterday, outside was mint considering its 30 years old.
    But the water inside looks like its been splashed with something like oil. But it does not effect the scope in any way.
    So a little disappointed but The price paid was well worth the scope in its condition. I sill gave good feed back as I don't think he new a hole lot about them. I also sent him an email telling him I was very happy but the scope had something other than water in it and I would have to get it refurbished, but I would not give him bad feed back.
    This morning a awoke to a reply email from this guy telling me he was sorry and had sent me a small amount of money back. Anything is better than nothing.
    5 minutes ago PayPal email the seller refunded me 100.
    Now I'm have a good day.
    Andrew

That's really good to hear. There are still some genuine "nice guys" out there.

We all know that really life's made up of the good, the bad and the ugly. But its the latter two we tend to hear about and remember. It's nice to get the occasional reminder the world hasn't been completely over-run ( yet! ) by the @+#*'s!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

on the other hand, two weeks ago I sold an item on ebay, sent it recorded delivery, never was received and RM can't find it, ebay refunded the buyer the monies which they're claiming back from me, and RM are refusing to re-imburse me, even via their insurance policy/claims procedure. So I'm out the item, plus all the postage, plus the hassle, plus the re-imbursement.

I'm furious and ebay says that it's in their T&C's to give refunds if anyone states they've never received an item - pile of ****e...

..just watch out guys...makes you think!

You can claim for lost mail, but have to wait twenty days in case it turns up, but there is a limit to how much.

Thats fantastic news, nice to hear good things about ebayers once in awhile.
    "Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it." Agatha Christie

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    on the other hand, two weeks ago I sold an item on ebay, sent it recorded delivery, never was received and RM can't find it, ebay refunded the buyer the monies which they're claiming back from me, and RM are refusing to re-imburse me, even via their insurance policy/claims procedure. So I'm out the item, plus all the postage, plus the hassle, plus the re-imbursement.

I'm furious and ebay says that it's in their T&C's to give refunds if anyone states they've never received an item - pile of ****e...

..just watch out guys...makes you think!
    Did you send it recorded or special delivery with full insurance cover ?

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Did you send it recorded or special delivery with full insurance cover ?

Neil.
    yep, recorded with insurance, still lost and RM refusing to cover it because I can't prove it's original value or that it 'actually' contained what I say it did - f***ing crooks.

moral is never get paid by paypal.
    get the real money first when selling

I ditched Paypal as a seller 4 years ago when they allowed a hacked account to change all the address details, they paid me 400 for a phone.
    i shipped, owner of bank account reported the fraud, i had the money taken out of my paypal account immediately even though I was shipping to a registered address

crooks!

Great news about the scope and the sellers attitude.
    Lucozade from here sent me some cash for a set of quad sticks and the money never reached me in the post.....chance you take with the mail I suppose.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks