Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand forged bottle openers

Hand forged bottle openers

Just a little bit of market research boys and girls,

some of you may know that I've been tinkering with forging knives and such for a while, but I've started doing some other stuff as well for practice.

Now, before i go and stump up for trade membership, i just want to see if any of yous drinking men would fancy one of these little things:

These ones look a bit tatty as they've just been forged. I'll tidy them up a bit and black them up afore they're ready.

I was thinking a 5 note and whatever the postage would be, but let me know what you all think
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I'll have mine tidied up, but au natural please

Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    I'll have mine tidied up, but au natural please

Well mate, you seem to be the only taker! Hardly worth doing trade membership for one punter! PM me your address mate and I'll send you one of the ones in the pic. Just make a donation to H4H's or something
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Cheers ( literally).

How does 7 quid to Poppies sound ? Not into H4H - i was surprised that they dont look after any servicemen other than Iraq / Afghan vets - and i pref to give to all military personel.

Atb mate

Hello mate

Knock me up a couple, I can give one of em to tones for Christmas.

Way you out for em next time

Phil 260

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Well mate, you seem to be the only taker! Hardly worth doing trade membership for one punter! PM me your address mate and I'll send you one of the ones in the pic. Just make a donation to H4H's or something
    Nice job, did you make them with that hammer?

And I think your price is too low!

If it is any comfort I have never been able to sell a bottle opener, I have only made them as gifts and thank-yous. The ones I have forged recently are out of 316 stainless. By the time you have forged and finished them they owe you half an hour and few people seem to want to spend 30 quid on one however nice! and if a gallery adds 100% mark up it really does get serious! Not to mention having to contend with VAT and stuff....

I was going to post a picture of one of mine for you but then I thought that might be misconstrued as advertising rather than sharing ideas! PM me if you would like to see one out of interest it is quite different in design.

Alan

Put me down for one please mate. They are worth more than you are asking so I will give you a deep sea diver when I see you and put the same amount into our RBL Remembrance box next time I am in the office. Glyn.

Right boys, i count 4 there, 3 of which i can deliver by hand.

All you 4 can have them on my tab, just stick your shekels wherever you feel they'll do the most good.

Scrun, PM your address old son and it'll be on its way to you on Monday

Alantoo, please feel free to put a pic up on the thread mate. I love to see other peoples work, it's good to draw inspiration from.

They were all made with that hammer, a gift from TikkaT3 of this parish gawd bless him. The only other tools aside from the anvil and forge were a small set of adjustables and a vice for putting in the twists.

Just done this monstrosity, i affectionately call it the headless Triffid!

Last edited by digger9523; 07-11-2012 at 19:41.

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Alantoo, please feel free to put a pic up on the thread mate. I love to see other peoples work, it's good to draw inspiration from.

They were all made with that hammer, a gift from TikkaT3 of this parish gawd bless him. The only other tools aside from the anvil and forge were a small set of adjustables and a vice for putting in the twists.
    This one was forged with a 50kg hammer about 30 times of an advantage over yours! forged from around 50mm of 10mm round 316 ss. I use an oxy-acetylene or oxy-propane torch to heat this size of project. I rolled the end with a similar hand hammer size to yours. Did you get the tip end of your one up to welding heat? Looks like it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottle opener2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	21052you need to click on it to get it up to size for some reason.
    Last edited by Alantoo; 04-11-2012 at 00:45.