Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Out last night.

Out last night.

Well Flyboy just couldn't resist it could He?....... He uttered that time honoured phrase, "We haven't shot any multiples here for a while ,Have we????"............... After a little mud plugging in the Jimny at another of Mike's farms, we went to a rather diminutive & unproductive looking little spot, I think Mike surprised some of our other friends on here, with the almost pre booked appearances on this little smallholding! ... Almost as regular as the German rail system!,Attachment 21036 The results of three rounds of .17 Fireball.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Well Flyboy just couldn't resist it could He?....... He uttered that time honoured phrase, "We haven't shot any multiples here for a while ,Have we????"............... After a little mud plugging in the Jimny at another of Mike's farms, we went to a rather diminutive & unproductive looking little spot, I think Mike surprised some of our other friends on here, with the almost pre booked appearances on this little smallholding! ... Almost as regular as the German rail system!,Attachment 21036 The results of three rounds of .17 Fireball.
    Well done Finnbear it's good to have a decent night. I always thought Cheshire was good for Sir Charles Frederick Fox as i have like you shot many. But i went stalking in Leicestershire and the two lads i went out with had shot 25 the previous few nights and had them all laid out for the Keeper who they were assisting to come over and see. They were a sight to remember and it filled me with envy.

Jimbo game on

Here's my little haul from last night. They were almost certainly the work of one of the so-called charities, wreaking both environmental and economic vandalism on the area yet again...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foxes_0105.JPG 
Views:	683 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	21054

This one was healthy apart from a strange section of the tail which had no fur at all:

Name:	Fox Tail_0102.JPG 
Views:	508 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	21055

And look at the state of this one:

Name:	Mangy Fox_0101.JPG 
Views:	662 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	21053

There was a sixth too, but I couldn't find it in the brambles...

All mange damage Paddy, One of our rescued Greyhounds has the exact copy of that tail section, & we have had him since around six months old.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    All mange damage Paddy, One of our rescued Greyhounds has the exact copy of that tail section, & we have had him since around six months old.
    Thanks for the confirmation - we don't get to see much mange around here - except for when the 'charities' have been visiting. I spoke to a farmer who rents some ground on the same farm earlier today - he said that a fox had calmly walked out in front of him as he drove in yesterday. He said that no country fox would have acted in the way the one he saw did, so it backs up my belief these had been dumped.

It's a shame that a class action couldn't be brought by a number of our organisations working together - say, the NFU, BASC and the NGO, to prosecute those concerned. I'm sure that enough evidence could be gathered if there was the will. I know several farmers who've caught people in vans/trucks with caged foxes inside, so it wouldn't take long...

You could get them to drop them up my way, i will look after them oh and well done you two

Last month had a brace in about 15secs with a .17 Fireball, lovely round, first time I had been allowed to use it. Saying that still prefer a 60grn V max in .223, at least you hear the strike.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo 30 06 View Post
    Well done Finnbear it's good to have a decent night. I always thought Cheshire was good for Sir Charles Frederick Fox as i have like you shot many. But i went stalking in Leicestershire and the two lads i went out with had shot 25 the previous few nights .
    My brother in law has a 7,000 bird free range unit in Leicestershire, it's always been a bit of a fox magnet but this year I have been getting 2 or three a week for the last few months, all really healthy and in great shape. Positively fat.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Last month had a brace in about 15secs with a .17 Fireball, lovely round, first time I had been allowed to use it. Saying that still prefer a 60grn V max in .223, at least you hear the strike.

D
    Ammo is a bit scarce for those. My mate has one and had the devil of a job getting some.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    Ammo is a bit scarce for those. My mate has one and had the devil of a job getting some.
    Get yourself a can of H322 & a fistful of 20/25/30 grain bullets!...... reload your shot brass!