Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American guns

American guns

nothing new, just re-watching some episodes on youtube - I love this one:

makes me feel we have no rights to do anything fun here in the uK

A waste of good apples. Could they have gotten any closer, ya think??~Muir

Muir, you have to remember us boys in the UK feel lucky if we get to use a BB gun without big brothers permission - to us this is just a distant dream ;-)

4500 dollars for a AR 180 !!!!! I had one back in the 80's, it was a decent little rifle but I would take the Johnson or the M1-D over it anyday. I realise some rifles have gone up in value but I paid about 500 canadian in 1987-8 for my 180,I must be getting old

alberta boy

Yeah Andy, they were a little close!.... but sometimes sidearm activity happens in a world governed by a twenty five foot circle of action..... Like up close & very very personal,........... my own preference would be for cool clinical & very very measured............. a little further out like!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Yeah Andy, they were a little close!.... but sometimes sidearm activity happens in a world governed by a twenty five foot circle of action..... Like up close & very very personal,........... my own preference would be for cool clinical & very very measured............. a little further out like!
    I hear you. "Never leave powder burns. It ticks off the undertaker."
    It is an odd thing that in two of the three gun fights I have been in when I was armed with a only handgun have been at distances greater than 50M. One was at about 200M! In all three instances the other guy had a rifle. In two of them, the guy ran away and in the other, someone else finished the fight. I love handgunning but seldom practice closer than 25M. I recently bought a second hand Springfield XD Sub Compact 9mm for my daughter for this coming Christmas and it's regulated for 10 yards. A little disappointing from my point of view, but perfect for what she wants it for.~Muir

Were not doing too bad if you look in the right places...

Practical shotgun, Long Barelled Pistols and .22 semi auto's

Shield Gun Club in Dorchester where the World Championships are held is a whole lot of fun if your happy making the best of our situation.

Falling plate, skittles and limited fibua set up..

Terry
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I liked the one where they built a bolt action mossberg I think it was for a couple of alligator hunters. They spent loads of money and time building a riflle that would have fast and smooth handling but when the the guy came to try it he was left handed and looked awkward as hell,

On that alligator hunting rifle episode, I was quite surprised that they chose to build a .223 for the job (if I remember rightly!)..... I'm no expert but surely something a little bigger would have be more suitable? I just would have thought that particular quarry would be rather tough!
    I love how they persuaded the hunter to also purchase a pistol so that he could defend himself if a 'gator grabbed him out of the boat!

Was that the episode where they charged him a fortune on a supposed custom rifle.....with the bolt on the wrong side ?