Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nissan Navara - Any issues?

Nissan Navara - Any issues?

For those of you that have the Navara, is there anything in particular one should look out for when buying second hand? e.g. dodgy turbo's, crap suspension etc.

I'm thinking of getting one, newer model, but it'll have high ish milage probably, so just keen to understand if there is anything to look out for in particular?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jim

Clutch...
    I'd get an auto next time.
    Fuel consumption is actually very good with my 2007.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Clutch...
    I'd get an auto next time.
    Fuel consumption is actually very good with my 2007.
    edi
    Cheers for your feedback.

As in the clutch goes and needs replaceing, or its just ****?

Rear door handles snap {both sides}, central locking issues, 4x4 selector switch, electric seats recall.

I had no issue with the engine or clutch mind you and got between 30 - 35 mpg.

Wouldnt have another, I would go for a Toyota Hylux in the future.

Local keeper is on his 3rd Hilux. This latest has been nothing but trouble. 3rd set of rear spring not long on, power steering recently replaced and its on its way out again.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Just bear in mind you will be buying french engineering not Japanese and if you are happy to trust french electrics then go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    Local keeper is on his 3rd Hilux. This latest has been nothing but trouble. 3rd set of rear spring not long on, power steering recently replaced and its on its way out again.
    Get the new ford ranger I had a 57 plate thunder and have just got the new 3.2 limited and have to say it is a cracking truck.
    Last edited by shrek1; 03-11-2012 at 19:33.

Got a 57 plate Hilux from new have had no problems at all (once I changed the tyres) road going ones just kept getting stuck.
    Re the Navara we had a pathfinder at work I found the electronic 4WD system kept overriding the 2WD setting if a wheel slipped on wet road. It selected 4WD low ratio and prevented acceleration-not good when you pull out of a junction into a flow of traffic. I looked at a new Navara but was the same system !
    Wingy

I'm on my 8th navara now, have had manuaLs and autos, I'm back to a 06 manual now, doing 39mpg, the one before that was a 07 auto and i struggled to get 22mpg, slightly different fuelling in the 07/8 ones, absolute animals on diesel, anyone that I know with a 07/8 find them heavy, there was a slight change from 05/6 model which is called euro3 to the 07/8 euro4 model, any experience I have had with euro 4 was v heavy on fuel, other than that no issues, I replaced the clutch in the 06 I have now as I was towing very heavy loads and hammering the **** out of the clutch, I'd say the next issue I will have is a front wheel bearing but there is 130 thousand miles on it now so it's probably earned that, I think they are a great bus, I have a land cruiser aswel that I bought new and had plenty of grief with that, in my opinion navaras are great but like any of them you have to keep the maintenance right on them.

Air con used to dispense water into passenger footwell until a recall, wheels I believe should have been changed for new after another recall, apart from those things all was good. I used to get about 26 mpg on average. Have got a plastic load liner laying about at the farm, free to good home if you want it / would swap it for a stalk!

Tom
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.