Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramshot Powder

Ramshot Powder

Having just looked at an advertisment for Ramshot powder I am wondering if anybody has tried it yet. It certainly has a good write up in the advert.
    It is being brought in from Belgium, where it is made, by Henry Krank at £32.50 a 1lb tub.
    Being made in Belgium it should not be subject to the vagaries of availability and the curency fluctuations like the US Dollar.
    I have been using for many years and would go so far as to say that I am a died in the wool Hodgon user, but my latest purchase at £44.50 a tub and is available at even more in other places, is causing me to seriously consider a change.
    The delivery charge from Kranks is £25 a delivery.
    My usual order of Hodgon powder, collected from my supplier, would work out more expensive than a slightly larger order of Ramshot from Kranks including delivery.
    So is Ramshot as good as the advertisement, anybody know?

Yup my 6.5 loves it and being ball powder it meters realy well its not bad in the 270 either.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Ramshot powder

A little bit more here Ed.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Certainley looks interesting.

nutty

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Ramshot powder A little bit more here Ed.
    Thanks for that Steve, I probably ignored the post at the time as I was happily shovelling Hodgon powder down my tubes !!
    However with the recent price rise of Hodgon I will certainly be looking at it.
    I have a supply of Hodgon just bought ouch !! but when that gets low Henry Krank will contacted and I will give Ramshot a try.
    Thanks guys for the positive feedback.

Just been looking at the data and I fancy trying their Hunter powder in my 25-06. Only problem is me getting up here (falkirk).. Hazmatt postage charges would be a killer as mentioned prior.

nutty

The Hunter powder would be the one to look at first for the .25-06 nutty. Looking at the burn rate, it's kind of located between IMR4350 & IMR4831...certainly for the 100/110gn loads. It's definitely much cheaper than the USA stuff...get your passport out & have a trip to England to stock up!
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Having just looked at an advertisment for Ramshot powder I am wondering if anybody has tried it yet. It certainly has a good write up in the advert.
    It is being brought in from Belgium, where it is made, by Henry Krank at £32.50 a 1lb tub.
    Being made in Belgium it should not be subject to the vagaries of availability and the curency fluctuations like the US Dollar.
    I have been using for many years and would go so far as to say that I am a died in the wool Hodgon user, but my latest purchase at £44.50 a tub and is available at even more in other places, is causing me to seriously consider a change.
    The delivery charge from Kranks is £25 a delivery.
    My usual order of Hodgon powder, collected from my supplier, would work out more expensive than a slightly larger order of Ramshot from Kranks including delivery.
    So is Ramshot as good as the advertisement, anybody know?

Let me know when you are looking at getting some eddy, I might try some myself so we could add orders together and split the carriage.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    The Hunter powder would be the one to look at first for the .25-06 nutty. Looking at the burn rate, it's kind of located between IMR4350 & IMR4831...certainly for the 100/110gn loads. It's definitely much cheaper than the USA stuff...get your passport out & have a trip to England to stock up!
    If I could some and it worked I would bulk buy. That would be the way forward, and probably a life times supply!!

Nuttu

I looked at it on Kranks and was interested but for the .308s I'm sticking with TR140, 25% cheaper and getting very consistent results, one of my (almost) local RFDs has Viht N140 at £59.99/Kilo.