Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am going off darned dogs

Am going off darned dogs

Well have just had a fun few minutes re-soldering the USB connector to the little circuit board on the Belkin wireless gizmo that connects my PC to the router in the other room. No phone line in back.

The darned dogs had barged past and broken them. For the last week i have going through the whole set up as I thought it was the router playing up but finally got another PC set up with a direct connection tot eh router and it worked fine.......................... so this morning carefully pried the Belking thingy apart and with a lupe spotted two broken connections to the USB plug on the board. Luckily whilst moving my old filing cabinet this last week I noticed my little tube of electronic solder and during the garage clear out found my old narrow tipped electric soldering iron so am now up an running again.

Thought I would have to buy another Wireless gizmo and boy they ain't cheap plus it means a 25 mile trip into town to hopefully get one. This is the second computer bit they have managed to break first was my card reader.

As I say I am going off dogs .

Put it up out the way of the dogs

Al

Can you flash the dogs with a new version of their firmware so they don't go charging about so much? That would be the route I'd take :-) It depends on what make of dog you have but I think version 5 of the firmware removes the charging about breaking things bug.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

Kennel the dogs, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Can you flash the dogs with a new version of their firmware so they don't go charging about so much? That would be the route I'd take :-) It depends on what make of dog you have but I think version 5 of the firmware removes the charging about breaking things bug.

Our 6 month old black lab chewed - among other things - the key fob off the keys hanging in the door. Now when you boot its arse the garage door opens!

The dogs are companions and here to let us know if someone is about. The Lab had me up at 01:40 barking. I was about to tell him to be quiet when I noticed the indicators on the Frontera flashing. Some thing had triggered the alarm. So in fact he was doing his job. The others were in different parts of the house. We have never had kennals and probably never will.

Now if we can just get the mutts to go around objects like funiture, people instead of through them we will be onto a winner .

There is no such thing as bad dogs just bad owners,keep your dogs in kennels out side or put your computer where your dogs cant get at it.

Quote Originally Posted by logburner View Post
    There is no such thing as bad dogs just bad owners,keep your dogs in kennels out side or put your computer where your dogs cant get at it.
    Thank you for your advice .

Our dogs are House dogs and will remain inside ....................................... thank you.

As for the computers position space or lack of it is the problem on that point .

Quote Originally Posted by logburner View Post
    .................................................. ...................put your computer where your dogs cant get at it.
    Easier said than done, logburner ! Using a lap-top in the same house as a lively dog can be challenging. Memory sticks and power cords are especially vulnerable. In our house the safest place for it would be on top of the wardrobe, but using it up there is a bit tricky for an arthritic old codger like me !