Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water table

water table

hi lads whats your areas like with the amount of rain we have had of late ? been round my patch and the water table is now showing in places i have not seen it before and thats not just standing water.the ditches are full and overflowing some areas look like its got a flight pond i think a few homeowners will start to see floods in the next few months in areas that have not had floods as yet.

The interesting thing is that although much of the UK had a wet spring and summer the North West of Scotland and the Hebrides had spring and early summer that was notable for the lack of water. Many people were saying that they had the best summer anyone can remember, at least on Lewis. This is the Carloway River on the west side of the Isle of Lewis taken in mid-July:

For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

We haven't been out in a few weeks due to the lack of access with vehicles as land is about a foot of slushy mud really hope this winter is a cold dry one!

Everything is soaked and too soft to move about on, shooting pretty much curtailed except from farm tracks.
    Fishing lakes are all either brim full, or flooded to the point the overflows can't cope with it.
    Also just had to cancel lots of work that was planned for winter time on one of the lakes as there is nowhere to pump the
    contents of a an acre pond, usually it goes into the ditch 15 feet away, but the ditch has been 3/4 full for a few weeks now.

Neil.

In the spring the EA and the Water Companies were saying that the water table was dangerously low and that rain would not be enough, now they are saying that the water table is saturated and that any rain will lead to flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66269_518965624780877_192030065_n.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	21062

Nothing swims like a Deere

or a landy
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Name:	2012-11-04 11.35.52.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	423.3 KB 
ID:	21092Was a bit wet round our way yesterday, needed a tractor in the end, and it struggled to get purchase.
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post

Name:	66269_518965624780877_192030065_n.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	21062
    i seen that big red thing (or a similar one) at the crux easton fate this year, boy that must use some fuel as it had a fuel tank as its trailer. ?

bob.

very wet here too, no access to the land i stalk on unless on foot with wellies on hip flask and a sledge
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube