Thread: do i need to insure my equiment ????

do i need to insure my equiment ????

Hi gus need your advice again. Over the last couple of yers i have invested hell of a lot of money in my rifles, optics etc & i was wondering how many of you fellow stalkers insurnce your gear. Is it worth while in doing so. Also if you do can you recommend an insurence firm all help is grate full.

I enquired about insuring my guns when my house insurance came up for renewal. I was told that I had basic cover already but for an extra few pounds I named and listed the value all the firearms I posses and they insured me on and off the premises. Your house insurance may not cover you if your firearms are stolen or damaged whilst travelling. Well worth looking into for the extra few quid.

(I quote stolen. This would be everyone's nightmare but it has happened even with strict security measures in place)

Steve.

YES.

All mine are covered under my house insurance as specific items. What they are, how much they cost etc.

I know from experiance, luckily my shotgun was covered.

Get them insured

Jonathon

You might find your house insurance covers them anyway.

Mine does when inside the house. You just have to tell them if you have a single item in excess of 5000 or something along those lines.

With no extra they are covered if lost, stolen or damaged (including accidental damage) outside the home or while they are in use.

Get them insured. I know from experience they are expensive to repair / replace. New stock for a Beretta about 5 years ago was 700 before it was fitted!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingers243
    You might find your house insurance covers them anyway.

Mine does when inside the house. You just have to tell them if you have a single item in excess of 5000 or something along those lines.

With no extra they are covered if lost, stolen or damaged (including accidental damage) outside the home or while they are in use.

Get them insured. I know from experience they are expensive to repair / replace. New stock for a Beretta about 5 years ago was 700 before it was fitted!
    If they are LOST??!!!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Gez

You'd be surprised.

I know two different people who've put their rifles down whilst they were gralloching. When finished they carried the deer back to the car, only realising half way back that the rifle was still in the wood!

Fortunately in both cases the rifle was still there......

willie_gunn