Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy IV surpressor. Any further feedback?

Hardy IV surpressor. Any further feedback?

My first post since my intro so here goes!!

I'm looking for a lighter mod for my .243 and like the look of the Hardy mods. I'm currently using a Wildcat 8 which is alot heavier and ruins the balance of the rifle.

It would be used entirely for work with no target work other than occasional zeroing. I get through around 200-300 rounds a year.

I've read earlier threads with interest and wondered if anyone has any other comments to make after using a Hardy over a longer period of time? I'm told noise reduction is as good as the wildcats/T8's so what downsides has anyone found after regular use?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

Regards

Prohunter.

Have had one on demo for a few months now, my honest opinion is that it is a well made and lightweight mod. It does cut down recoil well, but it is not quiet by any stretch of the imagination, definitely nowhere near as good as a T8 or Others, despite the porky pies that Riflecraft have been telling. I paid for my own mod before I did any testing (as I do with any products I am thinking of selling) and this is what I have come up with. You will find that any of the gunshops who heavily promote the Hardy have had freebie mods for sales staff, and so are biased. If you read the NZ forums then you will see that some people regard Hardy can as loud and dangerous for use with larger Calibers.

The obvious question is whats the best reflex style lightweight mod on the market? I'm nervous of changing as I'm aware there's no clear winner. If there was, we'd all be using it!!

PH.

I think the ASE mods take some beating but they are no lightweight tho mine is lighter than my P8
    By Christ that was a good shot

I like my third eye tactical spartan mod very much, it's neat and light and does a decent job of reducing the sound. Can't give you a side by side comparison with anything else though

Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    Have had one on demo for a few months now, my honest opinion is that it is a well made and lightweight mod. It does cut down recoil well, but it is not quiet by any stretch of the imagination, definitely nowhere near as good as a T8 or Others, despite the porky pies that Riflecraft have been telling. I paid for my own mod before I did any testing (as I do with any products I am thinking of selling) and this is what I have come up with. You will find that any of the gunshops who heavily promote the Hardy have had freebie mods for sales staff, and so are biased. If you read the NZ forums then you will see that some people regard Hardy can as loud and dangerous for use with larger Calibers.
    That is the sort of review/info I like. Great impartial appraisal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail killer View Post
    I think the ASE mods take some beating but they are no lightweight tho mine is lighter than my P8
    I like the Ase Utra (AU-SL5) as per the 260 Rem in my gallery. http://www.aseutra.fi/s-series-sl5-vaimennin Regards JCS

I bought this mod about 4 months ago and put it on my .270. I do not agree certain negative comments by others and IMO find it very quiet, light and it balances the rifle weight unlike the northstar i use on my .223 barrel. Bullet strike seen and heard on open hill/woodland with each shot. Im well impressed with it.

ATB wallace

Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    That's disappointing to hear that the noise reduction is inadequate. Which cartridge(s) did you test it with? Also, was the bullet aperture in the mod suited to the specific calibre?

Tested on 6.5x47, 7mm08, 308, 270, 30-06.

Mod just comes in one aperture size...Large! which certainly does it no favours.

If you have to have lightweight it is an option, but certainly not if you fire more than a few shots a week, or value your hearing to any degree. To be honest none of the new moderators which have cropped up up perform very well in the sound reduction department, the old favourites still ruling the roost, with the Jet Z still king of the hill.