Toyota HiLux

6pt-sika

In the Philippines a Toyota crew cab 4x4 pickup with a diesel motor is called a HiLux in the USA with a gas engine it's called a Tacoma !

I am sure they sell some derivative of these two in the UK whata they call it there ?

Also whats the cost ?

HiLux 4 door 4x4 diesel is about 1,500,000 Pesos or $37,000 US .

A Tacoma in the same configuration but a gas engine instead of diesel is approx $35,000 US .

So if they sell this type thing in the UK or Ireland whats the tab ?

I think a Euro equates into $1.60 US or that might be a pound sterling .

Hmmm for a couple more thousand US dollars I can get a real Cheverolet truck with about all the same stuff instead of this what we call economy truck !

But of course this does have a diesel engine and a Chevy K1500 is going to have a gas V8 . But alot more room and a heck of a better ride .

Wonder if you buy one of these things in the UK whats the charge to put the steering wheel back on the correct side :rofl:

The Chevy has better handling? Presume you mean on the hard stuff? :D

Dude , Cheverolet makes FULL SIZE trucks !

And everyone knows Americans ALWAYS think bigger is better !

On a more seriouse note , I've never owned a Toyota of any kind , but I think if I ever give up on Cheverolet I'll switch to a Toyota .

Now with all that BS being said I still drive a 2000 Chevy S-10 extended cab 4x4 with the ZR2 package . ZR2 means nothing more then they opened the injectors or something to get a few more HP and it has a slight lift kit and larger tires . The old S-10's are about the same size as the HiLux .The S-10's were replaced with the present Chevy Colorado back about 2004 or 2005 I think .

Heck my dress vehicle is a 2003 Benz 320E thats got about 15,000 miles !

My Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATV is most likely worth more then my truck LOL's !

Your so called Full size trucks would be as much use as tits on a fish over here, they would sink! I dont suppose your off roading is quite like ours and yes it may be rough terrain but i bet its generally dry where as we are usually waist deep in mud and sh*t! Oh and diesel is bloody expensive to be running a guzzler like a chevy.

Your so called Full size trucks would be as much use as tits on a fish over here, they would sink! I dont suppose your off roading is quite like ours and yes it may be rough terrain but i bet its generally dry where as we are usually waist deep in mud and sh*t! Oh and diesel is bloody expensive to be running a guzzler like a chevy.

I was going to say that unless it floated it would be useless over here. I have given up driving round my little field. Just sink in my little Jap truck. Not even sure about walking. lol

I suspect off roading as done here is quite foreign to you and yes we have plenty bogs swamps and marshes that are taken on by trick and atv .i don't particularly care for diesel , but that's all you can get in the Philippines .a k1500 crew can 4x4 with a gas 5.2 liter would be perfect . That would actually get about as good mileage as my 4.3 liter in my s-10.

we had a plane crash locally on saturday,

the 7 (yes seven) fire engines and 4 ambulances could not get near as they got stuck,
the airfield toybota pickup set off with a foam pump onboard, it got stuck on the grass verge.

local farmer ferried them up and back in a tractor, said his landrover gets up there easily, I know mine does.

we had a plane crash locally on saturday,

the 7 (yes seven) fire engines and 4 ambulances could not get near as they got stuck,
the airfield toybota pickup set off with a foam pump onboard, it got stuck on the grass verge.

local farmer ferried them up and back in a tractor, said his landrover gets up there easily, I know mine does.

Probably more to do with the airfield truck having unsuitable tyres whereas your farmer mate has proper off road tyres. You wouldn't go hiking in stilettos would you.

Back