Hand gun fun!

247sniper

Took my son Jake up to the rifle club today to have a go of some hand guns. He has been on about it for ages so off we went.

Here is a short video of him in action, this is just before he was introduced to my mates 9mmm the his .357. He loved that bad boy
biggrin.gif

As usual Jake shot bloody brilliant and shown everyone up with his 10's 10x's etc, typically flogging his old man

Steve.

nice going steve im over in dec to do some shooting cant wait to get back on the island as its been a few years ,atb wayne

nice going steve im over in dec to do some shooting cant wait to get back on the island as its been a few years ,atb wayne

Hiya Wayne, thanks mate for you comment.. Give us a shout in December if you like and Ill meet you up there?

ATB

Steve.

Are the rules on handguns different on the IOM? Reason I ask is that in our local rifle club, only people with long barrelled revolver or pistol on their FAC can shoot hand guns not owned by them, even if you are an FAC holder and full member of the club?

i am pretty sure they are totally different on the iom i am booked in for a weekend of training on semi auto pistols and rangework /safe handling course, atb wayne ps i didnt think you could do any range time in the uk with a pistol other than black powder but someone else more knowlegable will put me right.

Last edited:
My take on pistol legislation,to summarise, You can still use pistols on the iom. They weren't affected by our knee jerk firearm legislation change. You can use long barrelled pistols in the uk and black powder pistols with correct fac. You can actually use certain small and full bore pistols on a sec 7 (3) at an home office approved club, as long as the pistol remains at the club. You can also legally own a pistol, keep it at home, for humane dispatch if you have good reason.You can also own certain pistols as a collector ( but won't be allowed to shoot them, if their not conditioned so on your fac.)
Cheers, fatty.

Steve,
i forgot to say,good vid, it's great to see the youngsters enjoying a sport thats been taken away from us just a short ferry trip away.
cheers, fatty.

i am pretty sure they are totally different on the iom i am booked in for a weekend of training on semi auto pistols and rangework /safe handling course, atb wayne ps i didnt think you could do any range time in the uk with a pistol other than black powder but someone else more knowlegable will put me right.

There are a number of members at the club who have long barrelled revolvers and pistols and and also black-powder hand guns - they can legitimately be kept at their home and used freely at the range. Typical calibres .22LR, .357/.38 and .44. Have a look at guntrader.co.uk and select Pistol (Long Barrel) to see the type allowed in the UK.

They can only be used by other member IF they have that firearm conditioned on their FAC though.

Thanks again for your comments fellas. Yeh in the IOM we have different laws, in fact we have our own law which allows us to have any hand gun we want. My son totally enjoyed it so looks like ill be getting him a hand gun, I think I might also treat myself to one, but which one???

Back