Thread: Park Deer, Field & larder gralloch experience in the SW - Thurs 15th Nov

Park Deer, Field & larder gralloch experience in the SW - Thurs 15th Nov

Hi Folks, ** NOW FULL - ALL PLACES TAKEN, please see last post in thread**

We will shortly be culling some Red Hinds, and this offers you an ideal opportunity to spend some 'hands on' time, gralloching a large deer species.

Ideal for either confidence building or pre-DSC2 coaching, we will be looking at best practice, as well as improvised techniques for preparing and caring for your venison - both in the larder and the 'real world'.

As a DSC2 AW, I will demonstrate the accepted methods of both external & internal inspection for parasites & disease in the organs & lymphatic chain - while the coaching will ensure that your gralloching method is both competent & compliant with currently accepted 'best practice'.

Both 'suspended' & 'field' grallochs will be carried out, before you move to your own beast and gralloch under supervision.

Cost : 40 a person, to include a light lunch, as well as opportunity to view some video presentations dealing with both best practice & disease in deer.

Great food & accommodation can be provided, as well as the option of a stalking outing if you need to travel, and wish to make best use of your trip down to the South West.

Ian & Jo
    Home - Farrington Deer Services
    Tel: 07798 771 062
    Last edited by IanF; 07-11-2012 at 08:37. Reason: updated
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Cant go wrong... Thats a great value day
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Hi Ian,where in the SW will it be held and start and finish times please?

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Hi Ian,where in the SW will it be held and start and finish times please?
    +1 on that please
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Guys,

We are based ten minutes north of Axminster and the park is a further ten minutes drive.

I am looking at a 10:30 start, with a likely end time around 2:30pm with places on a first come - first served basis.

This is cleverly timed so that if there is interest, we can also get out for an evening cull outing on the Fallow. This, at a further cost of 75 of your English pounds, to include all cull deer - no limit on numbers taken!

We have on-site accommodation with Jo's food (endorsed by a Michelin starred chef, no less) so if you wanted to arrive early or stay late - this is do-able as well.

Rgds

Ian & Jo
    Last edited by IanF; 05-11-2012 at 18:07.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Thanks for the interest folks - one place taken, two more available on a first come basis.

Rgds

Ian

I can't make the 15th, but are you likely to be doing any more Ian?

Thanks for the PMs - all now answered.

** Event now full, with all places taken **

We will be holding other events based on the interest shown so far. If you would like dates sent direct, please Email me with the following detail:
    full name/home address/mobile phone number.

info@farringtonds.com

Best wishes,

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 07-11-2012 at 08:35.