Thread: Who is NOT a member of a shooting/countyside organisation?

Who is NOT a member of a shooting/countyside organisation?

I am interested to hear why any SD members (if any) have chosen not to be a member of any shooting/countryside organisation.

I have a genuine interest in the answers that this post generates so please do not mention any specific organisations or reason why you have not joined them or decided to lapse membership.

Well if they are not then it's their business and I can't understand why they would wish to post as on here they are bound to be lectured!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    Well if they are not then it's their business and I can't understand why they would wish to post as on here they are bound to be lectured!
    I think the only reason people would be "lectured" would be because if there not a member of a shooting/country organisation the chances of the being uninsured would be very high and that would be my only criticism.......

Insurance is still available from other sources, maybe not as cost effective as through a shooting organisation - hopefully that will not put people off posting.

I have sacs and I live in wales picked up fac app form today woman in cop shop gave me one reference form when I said I need two
    she got abit stroppy
    covers me for sea fishing 12 mile limit so happy with it
    if friends north of border vote yes may have to look for something else two years away yet

I don't have insurance, I don't yet have a FAC, but will probably join Countryside Alliance.

Im member of the NGO but bring "full time " the insurance does not cover me at all.
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class