Thread: TinyLOC R2 GPS Dog Tracker and Hound Finder Collar

TinyLOC R2 GPS Dog Tracker and Hound Finder Collar

Is any one using one of these

Whats the price on those ones.? I can see the advantage as mobile signal is not guaranteed in many areas, these can use radio plus gps.

I really like the DOG STAT software too, thats a nice touch.

I would like to test one of these units, but cant figure out how to buy one of their site!!

I would like to try before buy. I looked at a site which sold them but it was closed for maintenance. I would like to know what they are like by someone who is doing the job with them. Some one who is into electronics would also be good to hear from so they could say how well they was made. I am not just wanting to listen to sales hype. They are a lot of money, but if you find your dog that otherwise you wouldnt then they are worth every penny.

I saw this thread and had a look at these collars, they seem to be the absolute daddy as far as finding your dog is concerned, but they are super pricey (1100 isn't a small sum) and I wonder if they need to be so good? Do you really need a 19km range?

I really like the idea for the pointer working birds (and deer I suppose) but is there one available that has less range? 2km maybe? For less money?

Sorry, it was this one I was looking at

BS Planet BS999 GPS Dog Trainer

trackers

i have seen these working in Norway on elk hounds they are very good but when i inquired there was a problem with the frequency they run on in the uk it was the same as some emergency services i was told so basicaly ilegal or the one i looked at was this may not apply to other makes and modles i dont know . you say we dont need 20 miles but if you see how many miles these dogs cover in a day its frightening every night when you come back from hunting you plug it into your computer on wich is a map of your hunting area and see were the dog actually went one dog covered 38 miles in one days hunting and was out hunting every day . most carry two transmitters in case battery fails on one muddy

Hello,
    I try different Hound Finder for a big shop in germany, my tip, buy the Garmin ................

Best regards
    Bernhard

Bernard, because of the legal issues regarding the vhf frequencies I am wanting to know what other systems are legal for use in the UK. I would like to know how other countries managed to get Garmin to change frequencies so it was legal for use in their country. Plus what frequencies would be available in the UK