Thread: Hi, from austria

Hi, from austria

Hi my Name is Flo,
    i´m hunting in the NorthWest of Upper-Austria at the border to CZ in the so called Böhmerwald. In Austria we have a revier hunting system, where you are responsible for a special destrict. The authority defines on a yearly basis how much game has to be shot. We are hunting on a 350 ha area mostly roedeer, reddeer, boar and some small game. we have a growing population of lynx and even elks are not uncommon to this countryside, but they are conserved the whole year.
    I mostly shoot with Mannlicher Schönauer 6,5x54 M-Sch. and 7,64 RWS which are typical Austrian guns with international recognition (i think ;-))
    I´m looking forward to interessting stalking themes and wish you all a full "Waidmannsheil"
    Flo
    Last edited by sonnenwald1; 06-11-2012 at 09:54.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi Flo,

Welcome to the forum from another continental shooter! (I'm based in Geneva).

Hope you enjoy being here!

(I have a 7x64 Voere on the way!)

ATB,

Scrummy
    Last edited by scrumbag; 06-11-2012 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by sonnenwald1 View Post
    I mostly shoot with Mannlicher Schönauer 6,5x54 M-Sch. and 7,64 RWS which are typical Austrian guns with international recognition (i think ;-))
    Flo
    Wilkommen Flo! Findet man in Oesterreich einfach 6,5x54 Patronen? Hier ist es einfach Mannlicher-Schoenauer Repetierbuchsen zu kaufen, aber Patronen gibt es keine.

waidmannsheil nach London!
    jaja, die gibts noch neu bei RWS/Dynamit Nobel zu kaufen (siehe Anhang)!
    BTW was kosten die M-Sch. in GB?

They are still available, a view years ago Steyr buildt a new Mannlicher with that calibre!
    regards and nice to here from you,
    sonnenwald1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rws-65-x-54-m-sch-tmr-103g.pdf  
    Last edited by sonnenwald1; 06-11-2012 at 13:40.

Interestingly, that makes that RWS load legal for deer in England, but not for Scotland as it fails the muzzle velocity requirement. OK, could someone import these so that I could buy a Mannlicher-Schoenauer please?

we shoot wild boar, reddeer and roedeer with these, despite it´s age it´s a very good cartridge for not too far destances, which doesn`t effect the meatquality, an important arguement is´nt it ;-)

Hi Flo
    Welcome to the site