Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jacket for Gameshooting

New Jacket for Gameshooting

Can anyone recommend a new jacket for Game shooting, I currently have a Musto Whisper that is getting tired. Last week I went to my local outfitter in search of a new coat. Tried on the Barbour Endurance Range as the Musto's dont look to be as durable as they were.
    Now I'm normally a size large (42 inch chest), now a large in Barbour would fit a Rhino, tried on a Medium, the arms were too short. I'm 6ft tall, 42 inch chest, and have a 32 inch waist so slim around the middle. Everything available these days seems to be built to fit the "fuller figure".

Can anyone advise a good, durable, waterproof jacket for game shooting that's suitable for the slimmer figure. Or do I just need to fatten up a little???

Has anyone any experience of the Harkilla Pro Hunter??

Hi Sako hunter,

I have a harkila pro hunter and its great 10 out of 10. I would also suggest swazi I have one over 7 years now never let me down. For game shooting ie. looking the part try Harkila or Seeland. Really anything with goretex and you will be warm and happy.

Regards,
    Glendine.

Schoffel regards pete

Cheers guys will have a look at those.

Hi Sako,cant really help, but hope you dont mind me asking what you think of the Musto whisper,ive tried one on and really like the feel of it ,how would you rate it out of 10....

Quote Originally Posted by Sako Hunter View Post
    Can anyone recommend a new jacket for Game shooting, I currently have a Musto Whisper that is getting tired. Last week I went to my local outfitter in search of a new coat. Tried on the Barbour Endurance Range as the Musto's dont look to be as durable as they were.
    Now I'm normally a size large (42 inch chest), now a large in Barbour would fit a Rhino, tried on a Medium, the arms were too short. I'm 6ft tall, 42 inch chest, and have a 32 inch waist so slim around the middle. Everything available these days seems to be built to fit the "fuller figure".

Can anyone advise a good, durable, waterproof jacket for game shooting that's suitable for the slimmer figure. Or do I just need to fatten up a little???

Has anyone any experience of the Harkilla Pro Hunter??
    i have the lot jacket pants gloves and hat 12out of 10 DJC

I had the same dilemma, and I eventually chose a Dubarry Bodkin. Tough as anything, warm, practical and a bit more tailored than other jackets - bit on the expensive side but I found a cheap local store. I then bought a lightweight Schoffel Ketton jacket for summer use - 100% water proof (proven on the highlands in August downpours), packs into its own internal pocket and very tough considering its weight.

I use my 2 Stoney Creek smocks. The long sleeve shirt which is incredibly warm, shower proof and wind proof almost like a fleece. If needed Ill pop on the long bush coat which is storm proof and breathable. Even though they are smocks they look stylish for Game shooting. The 2 came from Bushwear and cost around 220 for the both.

nutty

Cheers guys, plenty of food for thought there. Will try a few of those on and see how I go.