Thread: If its not 1 thing its another........

If its not 1 thing its another........

Just had a call from the rfd my savage is coming from. Hes eventualy got edgar to get their finger out and source me a 1 piece multi slot base for my savage 111g................ Rifle will be coming down next week but he cant get the base until mid Dec....... My problem is due to the extra long style of reciever on the savage my short bodied scope (4" max) wont fix to a normal 2 piece base!!! What good is a rifle with out bases!!! Chocolate fire gaurd springs to mind.. I had a feeling this was going to happen so I had already contacted Norman Clark and Im waiting for their reply.. Extension warne bases may be an option but Ill probably need 2. Its not the RFD's fault he has been pestering edgars about this...

Any other sugestions lads? And no Im happy with my choice of rifle.............

nutty

Hi Nutty.
    Give Craig a call at Third Eye Tactical. They list a one piece Rail for a Savage. Excellent quality too.

Yorkie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Hi Nutty.
    Give Craig a call at Third Eye Tactical. They list a one piece Rail for a Savage. Excellent quality too.

Yorkie.

cheers mate. Ive just got it sorted. Im wanting a weaver as a stop gap, then Im going to upgrade to a warne, after xmas. Lifes not cheap just now...

nutty

Quote Originally Posted by nuttyspaniel View Post
    Just had a call from the rfd my savage is coming from. Hes eventualy got edgar to get their finger out and source me a 1 piece multi slot base for my savage 111g................ Rifle will be coming down next week but he cant get the base until mid Dec....... My problem is due to the extra long style of reciever on the savage my short bodied scope (4" max) wont fix to a normal 2 piece base!!! What good is a rifle with out bases!!! Chocolate fire gaurd springs to mind.. I had a feeling this was going to happen so I had already contacted Norman Clark and Im waiting for their reply.. Extension warne bases may be an option but Ill probably need 2. Its not the RFD's fault he has been pestering edgars about this...

Any other sugestions lads? And no Im happy with my choice of rifle.............

nutty
    If it's a short action then Weaver makes a nice 20 MOA rail. MY Savage Long Range Hunter came with one.~Muir

Once again the greedy yet bloody useless EB strike again.

You need to complain long and loud to Savage in the US. If more people did then perhaps EB will get the right royally deserved kick up the rear.