Thread: Parker Hale 7a rear sight

Parker Hale 7a rear sight

Bit of a long shot but I am looking for a PH 7a rear aperture sight to replace one on an old BSA martini rifle our smallbore club owns, a guest decided to keep adjusting until it sheared a thread .

Anyone got one kicking about anywhere

I guess you have tried e-bay?

I do not have a P-H 7A spare in my collection but do have this BSA version:-

compare it to the P-H one:-

At one time you could not give the P-H 7A away but in the last couple for years they have shot up in price. I gave my last spare 7a to a friend in Alaksa a few years back of course that was before the prices took off.

Ahhh I see there are none listed on the dreaded bay right now.

The BSA sight is uncommon and prices on them reflect this. Sorry but if I was to sell this one it would be at current market price.

Thanks Brithunter, I think the only option is going to have to be trying to repair this one but one of the threads has sheared and we have lost the indent spring. Do you know if you can get spares at all?

We have scrapped rifles in the past with these sights, typical!

Unless you can find someone with boken set I am not sure even other models of P-H sights use the same size balls etc.

You might try some well established place like Gunshop East Barnet. Joe often has boxes of spare bits out back. Problem is with the classic shooting movement these have become popular again. Was not that many years ago that I brought a Vickers Martini and a BSA 12/15 for 30 te pair complete with sights now the sights are costing almost twice that and sometimes even more.

Hi , I've got a BSA Martini Rifle + PH Sight forsale on Gun Watch for 50 complete , take a look , it sounds like what you want

Cheers
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Bit of a long shot but I am looking for a PH 7a rear aperture sight to replace one on an old BSA martini rifle our smallbore club owns, a guest decided to keep adjusting until it sheared a thread .Anyone got one kicking about anywhere
    If you or any of your members ever get down to Bisley, have a word with Fred in the range office. He does very good repair/refurb work on PH aperture sights and may well be able to help you out. Alternatively, as sugested, they do come up quite often on E-Bay.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.