FC Variation

EMcC

I rang Devizes yesterday and asked if I could see someone to check my documentation before submission and was asked when I'd like to come in!
I went this morning, had two rifles taken off, two 'authority to acquire' put on and a few freehand entries brought up to date and a new FC issued.
Total time from submission to receipt in my hand all duly filled in amended ELEVEN MINUTES!!!!
How about that for an efficient turnround by Wiltshire Firearms Department. :D

Now that is what a call service!! It perplexes me why they cant all be like that?? Anyone on here want to stick up for them? West Mercia still use the old the new computer system is bedding in?!! it has been for 2 years!!

You have to feel sorry for the rest of who have to put up with months of waiting!!

clivecleaver said:
Now that is what a call service!! It perplexes me why they cant all be like that?? Anyone on here want to stick up for them? West Mercia still use the old the new computer system is bedding in?!! it has been for 2 years!!

You have to feel sorry for the rest of who have to put up with months of waiting!!

To be fair to West Mercia, they've processed my last couple of variations, including the grant of a new .270, at lightning speed. I needed something added last week, made an appointment to call in at Hindlip and they made the change there and then - I just swapped my old FAC for the newly printed one.

Credit where it's due.

Adam.

You are lucky to live in an area with such an efficient office. It has just taken my lot 5 weeks just to put a moderator on!

Wow, you're lucky to have such an efficient force... The FLO came to visit me 6 weeks ago now saying they had a bit of a backlog and it would probably take 3-4 weeks to process my application.

I'm still waiting :(

Gez

Gez

It wasn't always like that I can assure you, it was very much dependent on "Who's" patch you came under. I arrived in this county [Wilts] to a potential judicial review but the person who started it all has retired to spain [hope the spanish reclaim his home and do not compensate :evil: ] now, I like Eddy, have nothing but praise for them, sensible people willing to help and appear to want to create & have a relationship with you.............. lot to be said for that.

RF

that,s a very quick variation,over here in N.I it would take alot longer.
my mate applied for a .270 almost 10 months ago and he still hasn,t heard anything :confused:

Cheers RF - they seem a pretty good bunch at Northumbria, everyone I have spoken to has been nice and helpful, and Chris the FLO was really good when he came out to see me, and we had a good old natter as well as going through the forms/interview he had to do.

I know they're really busy and have a backlog, but I just get so impatient... every day I come home from work, open the front door and excitedly look on the doormat, but to no avail. Oh well, I just hope it turns up soon!

Gez

well norfolk constabulary have had my license for well over a month and i only put in for an additional 3006 !!!
really starting to get hacked off now , paperwork has been passed to the police hq from my FLO over 3 weeks now !!!!
i mean how long does it take to turn on a printer print it off and get some one to sign it !!!!
usally there faultless but its really starting to grate now ..

cheers lee

guess im really looking when i had the 243 put on my ticket about 2 months ago lez (flo) came out on the friday took my ticket next friday came bk delived it him self was very impressed thats warwickshire police

Back