Ducks and spiral feeders

You can get duck spirals. They are a bit softer than normal. There is a way of putting them in a pipe so they can be filled from the bank. Try searching sycon (I THINK)

Regards,Ezzy

hi alis, there is an adaptor that you can get that holds the conventional spiral in a J shape for feeding ducks with or you can use a large pan feeder,they were designed for ducks to feed from

Have spiral feeders at 3 of our ponds and they seem to work well, still tip out the odd drop in the shallows all the same.

Ducks will have a go at any type of feeder,loose feed in edge of pond is best though as it stops crows pigeons etc getting to it.
Nik..

It's all wild ducks and feeding 3 ponds daily is becoming a bit to much of a chore as they are a considerable distance apart. One pond in particular which is 1 acre exactly (old mill pond) has three sides agains woodlands and has plenty of spots where a feeder could be suspended from over shallow water.

I'll have a look for feeders intended for ducks otherwise I'll just try a bog standard one, sure giving the pond a 'good' feed once a week will keep the bird coming.

Thanks

Back