Vectan TU3000 ,308 Load Data

mark-joppa

Has anyone build and loads using this powder.

I am looking to build 150gr Sierra Match King for my Remington 700SPS. Have found data to build with other heads using TU3000,but not with Match Kings.

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark

Not the same bullet, but the same bullet wieght which should get you started, I used to use 44gn with Hornady 150gn SSTs.

ATB

Tahr
Hi

Have you bought the powder yet? I ask because I've been doing some accuracy loading for my Savage Long Range in 308 and the load that almost everyone here swears by, and I can attest to it's accuracy, is the Sierra 168 grain Match King over 41.5 grains of IMR 4895. (The accuracy is mesmerizing; I'm not a world class target shooter yet I shot the staples from my target from a prone position using a bipod.) I'm certain it will work well with the 150's as well. Federal's "Gold Match" loads are rumored to be this exact load.~Muir

Come off it Muir, the original question was about Vectan. Stop trying to push your yankee powders.:lol:
IMR4895 may be very good but Vectan is much cheaper and if mark already has it he should give it a go. I know I've tried Vectan powders and found them excellant I just wish they were more readily available.

Hi Guys,
I have already purchased the powder.I have a source who can buy it direct from the importer so I can get as much as I like.I usually use "Load from a Disc" which gives me the load,but for some reason they don't list Vectan Powder.

I have the manual but it lists SP3 for 150 march king.Will start low I think and see how it performs.

Cheers,
Mark.

The manual actually lists 151grn bullets with TU3000 also. The 1 grain won't make any real differance because you will obviously be starting low and working up.
The full manual provides far more detail than the free give away pamhlet that they show online.

Come off it Muir, the original question was about Vectan. Stop trying to push your yankee powders.:lol:
IMR4895 may be very good but Vectan is much cheaper and if mark already has it he should give it a go. I know I've tried Vectan powders and found them excellant I just wish they were more readily available.

Well! I didn't know he had it when I responded DID I????
I never! Harrumph!:coat: ~Muir

(Besides, Vectan powders here are about 20% higher prices than our Domestic Blends.)

Last edited:
Nice to know that you have to pay more than us for some things, it's normally the other way around. :rofl:

I have never understood for instance how you can buy VV powder for a fraction of the price we have to pay when the company is 3,000 miles closer to us than you. Incidentally I am not knocking IMR powders, the U.S. does produce some good things even if they do turn out some junk like Remington rifles.:lol:

Nice to know that you have to pay more than us for some things, it's normally the other way around. :rofl:

I have never understood for instance how you can buy VV powder for a fraction of the price we have to pay when the company is 3,000 miles closer to us than you. Incidentally I am not knocking IMR powders, the U.S. does produce some good things even if they do turn out some junk like Remington rifles.:lol:

Gad! Ain't that the truth?
Do we pay so much more for VV? They are $30 - $35 US per pound can here. It's why I seldom use them. IMR 4895 is $25 per pound. I always figure that dollar-to-the-pound is about norm when comparing US and UK pricing, anyhow, but is VV that much more?~Muir

You're complaining about VV powder costs You can buy it much cheaper than we can!
I wish I could buy powder for $25 a pound.:(

Sorry, dropped of the thread for a while , just caught up with your banter . Will start to build some rounds next week and keep you posted on the results. Cheers Mark

Back