Classifieds Makeover

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I have just done a bit of a makeover in Classifieds following comments that the 'General' classifieds section was getting swamped. What I have done is split the sections up a bit more and made all the sub-sections on the same level. This means you have to choose a subsection now because before a lot was getting posted into the general classifieds by mistake.

I have made a start sorting out what was already there into the correct sections, but obviously there are hundreds to do so please bear with me. I am having to do it by searching for keywords and doing a bulk move which isn't easy when the title is something like "Stuff for sale".

If something is still in the wrong section after a day or two just PM me and I'll move it.

Hopefully this will make things easier to find and will slow down the dreaded 'off the bottom of the page' a bit.

Alex

what a cracking Job,

congratulations to Alex and the forum team for making this happen,

regards

bob.

Alex, looking good. Could I ask you to consider a separate "Moderators" section too ? :tiphat:

They are included in 'Firearms'... I'm not sure there are enough to warrant a separate section really currently.

Could you add a section for stalking/shooting/deer books?

Same for books, it's a bit specific. I'd put stalking books under Stalking Eqpt and other shooting books under Other Shooting Eqpt. otherwise we will end up with too many sections if we're not careful.

Would that actually benefit you though? For example if you were posting reloading equipment in a Trade section, most people would be looking for reloading gear in the Reloading section wouldn't they?

Unless you mean having a Non-Trade Reloading section and a Trade Reloading section, in which case we'd end up with double the number of sections. Would people be bothered to look through it all? I'm not convinced....

For me I am afraid it is a backward step, takes a lot longer having to open so many windows to see what is new.

As I appear to be in a minority though would it be possible to have a "What's New in Classifieds?" tab in the Top Navigation bar between What's New? and Gallery?

Alternatively, I remember you managed to offer a method of opting out of the Classifieds being included in the What's New window, could you offer an opt out of non-classifieds?

Alan

Back