Swap: Recipricol Invites

David Brown

When all the disturbance is over and done with due to the giant pylon line construction I am thinking of giving up having paying guests here for many reasons. I was thinking of having a circle of stalkers of a like mind and do to and fro invites. I have Red, Sika and some Roe in a woodland in my ownership 20mins from Loch Ness. Look at posts by myself, Herne or Robbo25 to get a feel for whats here. I have never stalked Fallow,CWD or Muntjac so would welcome an opportunity.

I tried the swap a stalk when the site was under the old rules and was a bit disappointed but there are a lot more of you now. I can guarantee you will see deer here ,it is not an empty forest. I have managed it for quality-see the photos. So far I have spoken with Wayne and hope some more of you get in touch.

David

We have also stopped doing holiday lets in an apartment on the farm. At first it was nice to be able to take people around the deer and explain how everything works especially showing them a stag with 17.5 kilos of antler and them looking in astonishment and asking how many years it took him to grow that. Then you tell them 5 months and he does it again the next year. They really find it unbelievable.
However, as we have to build VAT into the price of letting and then we got slapped with business rates too, the whole thing became a loss maker. I think it is really short sighted to prevent townies getting an appreciation of how food is produced and what really goes on in the countryside but no doubt some pillock in an office somewhere is congratulating himself on having put somebody else out of business.

hi dave i had two lads out at the wkend for roe no money changed hands , we are swaping roe stalking fora go at some cwd , muntjac in jan , feb time cheers

Let me know how you get on Tam. Last time I tried this under the old rules I am still waiting for my invite back. Will be a bit more careful this time. I will send you a pm when the pylon work is done. I would like to see you and Al up again. David

I hope you've had a few invites David. I'd love to offer, but I fear sitting in a high seat on a very small patch of land in Oxfordshire waiting for a Muntjac probably isn't worth the trek from your neck of the woods!

For anyone even vaguely considering this, David has cracking ground, with good numbers of all three species and is a thoroughly decent bloke to deal with. (He's even quite patient with very bumbly novices...)

Tom

Hi Dave
Got some nice fallow on ground nr shrewsbury that I share with a couple of guys, if you are interested let me know and I will have a word with them mate.
sinbad

Let me know how you get on Tam. Last time I tried this under the old rules I am still waiting for my invite back. Will be a bit more careful this time. I will send you a pm when the pylon work is done. I would like to see you and Al up again. David
hi a will let you no . it will be nice to see you lot again . it goes with out saying dave you are more than welcome to stalk any of my ground.
ps . i shot my first sika + red with dave many moons ago cracking ground cheers

Hi David,

Missed your presence on the site. I hope all the work has not taken too much of a toll on your business. Drop me a PM with your number I need to have a chat with you about a few things.

Best wishes

Malc

When all the disturbance is over and done with due to the giant pylon line construction I am thinking of giving up having paying guests here for many reasons. I was thinking of having a circle of stalkers of a like mind and do to and fro invites. I have Red, Sika and some Roe in a woodland in my ownership 20mins from Loch Ness. Look at posts by myself, Herne or Robbo25 to get a feel for whats here. I have never stalked Fallow,CWD or Muntjac so would welcome an opportunity.

I tried the swap a stalk when the site was under the old rules and was a bit disappointed but there are a lot more of you now. I can guarantee you will see deer here ,it is not an empty forest. I have managed it for quality-see the photos. So far I have spoken with Wayne and hope some more of you get in touch.

David

Hi David

I am not sure if you can remember us Reuben and Paul
we came to see Addy and he was the one that introuduced us.

I was lucky enough to have a stalked on your land while the work was going on, and I still managed to shoot a hind. the land you have is as you have said well managed.

Reuben has Fallow on his land, and a few Muntjac, and i have Roe and Muntjac. the swap a stalk sounds very interesting I shall speak with Reuben hope to be in touch with you again.

Best Regards
Paul

Back