Midland 2100 Length of Pull - Recoil Pad recommendations?

Tartan_Terrier

Hi troops,
Does anyone here own an unaltered Midland 2100 and would be willing to measure the length of pull for me. Mine is a bit on the short side at 12 7/8", and I was wondering if it had been cut down at some point.

This is about an inch too short for me as far as I can work out, so I'm thinking about fitting a recoil pad. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers
T_T

I don't know if there was a difference between US and European models as mine measures 43 5/8".

Unless of course I've misidentified my rifle, and it's another model of Midland....?

Last edited:
No, mine has a chequered plastic butt plate with a bullseye design on it. I think this is original to the rifle.

I measured the barrel and it is 23 1/2" (muzzle to bolt face).

Maybe it's not a 2100?

My SD card reader is having an off day, or I would upload a photo.

Yours has been chopped. Standard LOP of pull for a 2100 is 13 1/2" Drop at comb 1.8" drop at heel 2.3". These figures were taken from the P-H #83 catalogue.

P2190086.jpg

Mine has had a rubber pachmeyer pad fitted at some point in the past. I suggest you have something like it fitted to restore the length.

DSCN1145.jpg

The Midland 2100 uses this bolt type which is based on the American 1903 Springfield design.

Parker-Hale used length of pulls of 13 /2", 14" and 14 1/2" on their rifles depending on model.

Back