Thread: powder thrower

powder thrower

Hey up guys,
    thinking of getting a powder thrower...
    I've never owned one before but need something to cut down the time its taking me to do my reloads! i'm starting to find the weighing of every charge a bit tedious! so I'm wondering how accurate these things are? & also which one to get? if their suitable for my requirements..
    I phoned reloading solutions yesterday & the advised a "Redding model 3", Which sounds a sensible price! however the other one they suggested which was a "Weighmaster" was a little salty to me!

Any advice would be gladly received...

Lee perfect powder measure ?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by soother223 View Post

Hey up guys,
    thinking of getting a powder thrower...
    I've never owned one before but need something to cut down the time its taking me to do my reloads! i'm starting to find the weighing of every charge a bit tedious! so I'm wondering how accurate these things are? & also which one to get? if their suitable for my requirements..
    I phoned reloading solutions yesterday & the advised a "Redding model 3", Which sounds a sensible price! however the other one they suggested which was a "Weighmaster" was a little salty to me!

Any advice would be gladly received...
    get one of these second hand for about 50 better quality than the lee i have had 2 for the best part of 8 years now, stonking bit of kit too.

bob.

Attachment 21298
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I would vote lee perfect powder measure as well.
    Cheap as chips and does a cracking job.
    Dont forget to meter a full hopper of powder through it. To get it coated with graphite residue.
    The lee will meter a charge at +/- .1 grain if used right. I think i saw them for about 12 new the other day, I will try to find the link

I have the Lee and the RCBS and can honestly say the RCBS is the better one but not by much, the other thing to remember is when using extruded powders they can be a pain to use, work brilliant with ball powders though.

Al.

I've had a rcbs one for over 10 years now,so I was told by a mate somebody did a test on several makes of throwers and rcbs came top for consistency.

The one that came tops was the RCBS benchrest model but the Lee came a close second against units costing 6 times as much.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY