Which Foxpro

SussexFallow

I know a few lads on here use a foxpro caller. I have the chance to pick up a spitfire wildfire or firestorm but can't decide which one . Anyone any experience of these models?
Atb Steve

i have the spitfire and we have taken 28 charlies in 3 months and i have not been out that much, more than enough tool for the job,and just about the right price too.

ps: please remember the caller units ARE NOT water proof.

bob.

Hi steve

I have the fox pro fury - fully loaded, has been of good use to me, sometimes it turns a mediocre night into a brilliant one.

Wouldnt say they are 100% all the time, sometimes old Charlie wouldn't turn his head for a chicken let alone a call.

Mine has proved itself time and time again, it's a decent bit of kit, I probably use a dozen of the calls regularly and have had to mute the caller to stop the fox chewing on it on several occasions.

204 ruger is the guy to talk to.

Make sure you take the batteries out every time and get the best 2.3k lithium rechargeables and you won't go wrong.

It is a decent bit of kit, just depends on the calls you want on the machine really for choice wise

Atb

Phil

Make sure you have the calls you want, backlight isn't crucial to success, just started using the fox calls now and then, up to now have small rodent calls which has made a difference

i have a wildfire with 200 calls on it prob use 30/35 calls over the year ! but if it a bit slow you can put some thing strange on and you some times get 1 come over to have a look ? doing well on the mateing calls at the min the last 6 we have shoot have come in to them

what on earth are they trying to do with this call red fox's from here to the US.

way to load man :)

Spot on Bob, Ive used the prarie blaster which is a similar volume to this one. Just too loud for the UK. if you want to call Coyotes way out in the middle of knowwhere then they have their place.

I went for the Fox-pro Scorpion, the main reson i can keep the caller in my pocket and the remote around my neck=handsfree:D

Other than the ability to position and activate these units circa 100 yards remotely cross wind of your preferred ambush point I cannot see the benefit or need for an electronic call.

As has been said the volume they produce is excessive as indeed do I find most of the open reed mouth calls. The latter requiring more skill in applying the mute button than mastering the death whimper, such are at my reading the sensibilities of UK Charlie's empty stomach ears.

Cheers

K

Other than the ability to position and activate these units circa 100 yards remotely cross wind of your preferred ambush point I cannot see the benefit or need for an electronic call.
Cheers
K

I must admit to being more than a little puzzled by your statement, as those are the very things you need if you want to call foxes in. Maybe the ground you shoot over doesn't need these features, but in the wooded valleys around here, you'd be stuck without them. Mouth callers will simply bring the foxes up behind you, and because of all the cover, you'd never know they were there...

If you think that not seeing them or even knowing they were there is fun. Personally, I prefer leaving a pile of them for the keeper to find in the morning...
Your reasoning is understood.

Fortunately I'm not subject to the pressures that call for this approach or use of the lamp. And yes, I don't mind going home without having fouled my barrel. I can do that any time at the range.

Clearly no fox that takes a bullet is concerned with the ethics of how he arrived in the cross hairs but that is a question the hunter can ask. I have and the conclusion reached is that the sense of accomplishment in using a mouth call to lure a predator in range is a hundred times more satisfying than use of an electronic call.

Cheers

K

Last edited:
I let my m8 do some calling via hand a few weeks ago, only to find a fox stood by the front on my car were the rifle was on my bonnet:doh: back to the foxpro for me stick it out 100 yards sprinkle off cat food dotted around jobs a good un.:lol:

I cant call using my hand mouth etc, so i used a few calls that all seem to be no good, i used a bit of water pipe lagging stuff for a while but even that was not that good, so i have a predator call first and had a few,

but

i have now got the spitfire and its great, to many charlies to mention as i have had it out every night im out,

i will at some point fit it with a external antenna to see if i can get it to work out past 150 + i have taken it to 150 on open land but i want it to go a bit further so i can test the long legs of my 20 tac.

bob.

Back