Thread: W H SMITH again

W H SMITH again

I was attending the annual dinner of my engineering institution last night in Glasgow. Forgot to take my poppy, easy I thought. I had to call in at W H Smith on Argyle Street for a magazine, not a shooting one which unfortunatly I cannot get anywhere else. Picked up the magazine and went to the manned checkout. Paid for the mag but could not see any poppies so I asked the sales laddy who, without batting an eyelid said - Oh we are not selling them this year.

I refrained from saying what came to mind - not the lads fault - but had to post it here.

Was it just the Argyle Street shop or do the directors of W H Smith live on another planet.

Signed
    Disgusted of Clackmannashire.

W H Smiths, what a bunch of W@nkers!! some very opinionated fat cats at the helm. keep it up fellas and you will go down the pan just like the other Muppet's that think they know better than the consumer.

Blog Entries
    You could always take out a subscription.

Clearly you will have to buy your Poppy from somewhere not ashamed of supporting the service and sacrifice of our armed forces.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthDorset View Post
    You could always take out a subscription.

Clearly you will have to buy your Poppy from somewhere not ashamed of supporting the service and sacrifice of our armed forces.
    Couldn't agree more !

Yes, looks like there might be another gap in the high street if they keep this up.
    They seem to have a history of not selling poppies. I don,t shop ther anymore (doubt it will dent their coffers that much but hey !) the next paper shop along sells shooting mags a a sensible height .

Sorry about missing letters in above reply- had a load of crumbs(?) under the keys(gt thm out nw)

Quote Originally Posted by clived View Post
    Yes, looks like there might be another gap in the high street if they keep this up.
    They seem to have a history of not selling poppies. I don,t shop ther anymore (doubt it will dent their coffers that much but hey !) the next paper shop along sells shooting mags a a sensible height .
    Yep don't go there got a cracking little paper shop that puts my shooting mags to one side and happily accepts my cash and as for books I go to water stones and any thing else they sell I can else were so they go and sit on it!!!!
    And as for not selling poppys that makes my blood boil What next are they going to ban mars bars,well they won't get any more of my cash.