Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold medal Muntjac, where?

Gold medal Muntjac, where?

I thought it would be interesting to know where in the country medal headed Munjac have been shot.
    So if you have shot one please post the county or more specific if you wish, and medal type.
    Thanks.

Northamptonshire Gold
    Wf1

You will find medal head Muntjac in every county they are found if they have got there by natural means

Ive shot 2 gold medals Berkshire

Norfolk, Suffolk and Bedfordshire.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    You will find medal head Muntjac in every county they are found if they have got there by natural means
    I am not sure about that, do the smaller animals not get pushed away first. Meaning the 'pioneers' are the weaker/smaller and less likely to be so good, sames with Roe?

Anyone shot medal head Muntjac or Roe in Herefordshire/Worcestershire?

Yes, both Roe and Muntjac medal animals have been shot in Herefordshire and Worcestershire, although really big heads are less common here due to the acid soil lacking the right calceous mineral I believe - IIRC the Muntjac that was shot at Wayne's 2011 SD muntie shoot locally was either gold or a CIC point shy of it and Grayedout shot a fantastic gold medal roebuck near Richards Castle, Herefordshire in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
    Yes, both Roe and Muntjac medal animals have been shot in Herefordshire and Worcestershire, although really big heads are less common here due to the acid soil lacking the right calceous mineral I believe - IIRC the Muntjac that was shot at Wayne's 2011 SD muntie shoot locally was either gold or a CIC point shy of it and Grayedout shot a fantastic gold medal roebuck near Richards Castle, Herefordshire in 2009.
    I remember seeing that one shot at wanes on here. A cracker. The sheer amount of muntjac seen on muntjacstalkers. ground off here down in bedfordshire

Wouldn't be surprized if he doesn't see one or two gold heads down that way tim

Looked at some of the peoples reviews. And wish I lived closer to that way )

shot Gold/silver Muntjac Camb's,Norfolk,Suffolk,Essex,Northants,Lincolnshir e and Isle of Ely

The reason for the OP was to try to get an idea of where the greatest number are shot, i have no interest in shooting big heads myself. A distrbution map overlayed with medal representions would i think be very interesting.