Thread: RF bino`s only,oh no not another bino thread ffs!

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

RF bino`s only,oh no not another bino thread ffs!

I have swaro SLC 10x and am super happy with them,I have had a few perves through leica`s as well as zeiss but now i`m am seriously considering a new pair with the RF included.

Could I have some definitive answers by people that own or use either the Leicas or the Swaro 10 x`s with RF..I am not interested in the Zeiss so its down to the last two as named due to a good price on both being offered.

I can remember a Danish mate that hunted with me and he passed his over to try out and suggested that his 10x 42 RF Leicas were 10% less bright than my Swaro`s of the same size at twilight times and I believe its much the same as anecdotal evidence suggests....any ideas?

I handled the new RF Leicas recently and was very surprised as to the fantastic compact size too,that impressed me but I have yet handled the Swarovski Rf`s

I have also been told that the HD is not in the Swaro`s but is in the Leicas....

What have you got in RF models and why did you choose?

Thanks.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

I chose the Swarovski simply because they felt better in my hand. I tried all three side by side, all fine products and i couldn't tell any real difference technically. It was ergonomics that won it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    I chose the Swarovski simply because they felt better in my hand. I tried all three side by side, all fine products and i couldn't tell any real difference technically. It was ergonomics that won it for me.
    Same here, going from EL's to the Range model you don't notice much difference, I compared both and couldn't tell the difference optically as the light was fading.

Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    Why not the Zeiss?

think princess di,then think princess anne

সাম্বার হরিণ

I have 10x42's HD's and its the best thing I ever purchased. Went out Sat am and forgot them, felt naked. I have not had any issues at all with them other than the front lens caps are poor the attachment breaks but i don't use them. You can wash them in the sink as waterproof, slightly surreal the first time you put 1.5 K of bins in a basin of hot water. Seem well built, lovely focussing control and mine are still on the original battery. Cannot comment on the Swarvies as never seen them. Also another point everybody raves about Swarvies customer services, which is first class, however you hear nothing about Leica, is it that the bins are so good they v rarely need to be sent back?

Suggest you get hold of each and compare at v last light and see which suits you. Anyway you will be able to see it through the bins but not through your scope so gets a little achedmic in the end.

D

I`ve had the Leica 8 x 56 RF Geovids since they were first brought into the UK, don`t know how many years ago

I`ve never had a problem with them and they get used most days

They are clear, give a crisp image, they`re easy focus, and are great in low light, they also have a decent battery life

RF, find that they don`t like mist, heavy rain,

The only draw back I found was the weight, but I got round this by using a harness rather than the strap, job done !

These are my choice, my mate has Swaros and they are just as good, Swarovski has a brilliant reputation for after sales service, I can`t say about Leica cos I`ve never had to use them

Bob

Deer Dog Available
    Well I was certainly impressed with the Leicas,so compact and light..yet to see the swaro`s in hand.I wont jump into the deep end for lots of $$$$ without reviewing as much as possible.

সাম্বার হরিণ