Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bdc tuurets for a S&B hungerain classic ??

bdc tuurets for a S&B hungerain classic ??

Hello, Sorry if wrong place but i am wondering if i can get aftermarket BDC turrets to fit my S&B scope.
    cheers

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    York Guns will return it to Germany and get S&B BDC Turrets fitted, I believe it costs in the region of 150 Euros.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I asked them too, I was told 124 euro's each (windage and elevation) plus vat equivalent in germany + P&P. I figured I'd have to set well in excess of 200 aside for the project so never bothered, plus the elevation knobs they install are really plain. you're better setting your rifle up to shoot MPBR.

I spoke to the guy on the S&B stand at the Midland Game Fair this year. He confirmed it is possible and can be arranged through any S&B dealer. I've never seen a scope that's been converted and would be interested to read a review from someone has one.

Cheers,

Bob

i have emailed them and will let you know .....

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    i have emailed them and will let you know .....
    i have a mate who has had the conversion on an 8x56. He has had a play and can confidently hit a 3" circle out to 300 yards, this is on a custom 25-06 .

I believe he only has the elevation turret and not windage.

I am considering getting one installed, as I have Leica geovids so foxing with my 243 would be great, so no guessing he holdover.

cheers

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by r.atkinson View Post
    i have a mate who has had the conversion on an 8x56. He has had a play and can confidently hit a 3" circle out to 300 yards, this is on a custom 25-06 .

I believe he only has the elevation turret and not windage.

I am considering getting one installed, as I have Leica geovids so foxing with my 243 would be great, so no guessing he holdover.

cheers

Ross
    Yes i was out the other day and took a doe at 330 m lovely clean shot that found its mark perfect, pics in my gallery . I have an A7 reticule and i zero 1 inch high at 100m was thinking instead of aiming high , i would like to dial in with this scope.....
    Last edited by exmarksman9870; 11-11-2012 at 20:42.

400 yards shots on deer !!!!! trying using some skill and stalk to a more human distance

After all it called deer stalking not deer sniping

JEEEZ man, that's some distance, I'd struggle to ID it properly at that range, let alone evaluate it's potential as a cull beast. good shot of course, cannot argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Yes i was out the other day and took a doe at 330 m lovely clean shot that found its mark perfect, pics in my gallery . I have an A7 reticule and i zero 1 inch high at 100m was thinking instead of aiming high , i would like to dial in with this scope.....

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    400 yards shots on deer !!!!! trying using some skill and stalk to a more human distance

After all it called deer stalking not deer sniping
    True but i only shoot at what i know i can hit cleanly, bullet placement is the basic fundamental of any shooting practices be it stalking or sniping.