neoprene moderator cover

mudman

I bought a neoprene moderatore cover yesterday at a game fair......

Any clues on how to get the damn thing on? I have tried sliding it on and rolling it on but no go, the neoprene sticks onto the metal after it has gone on a few inches.

I have the same trouble in the bedrooom :lol: :lol: :lol: . Seriously, I put some spray grease on mine and then slid it on,hoping that the spray grease will also act as a corrosion inhibitor.

I had the same problem when i bought mine a few weeks ago. Put a bit of washing up liquid on the inside and it will slip on so to speak.

Don't put any liquid on the moderator!

Turn the cover inside-out, stretch the end over the end of the moderator and then slowly roll the remaining sleeve down.

mudman said:
I bought a neoprene moderatore cover yesterday at a game fair......

Any clues on how to get the damn thing on? I have tried sliding it on and rolling it on but no go, the neoprene sticks onto the metal after it has gone on a few inches.

Did you miss the sex ed lesson at school then Rich :lol: :lol:

Roll it up then roll it down over the mod.

All the best mate

Jonathon

i used to use one but found they held water in ,pain the arse in general taking it on and off everytime it got wet .i think they are just another gadget we can live without if you really think about it ! imho .

I am going to have to live without mine...

After an hour trying to get the damn thing on both ends had split so I consigned it to the bin. £9.95 WASTED.

Mine shrinked by 2cm , after 2 trips to the range !!! neoprene rollover , looks like a big bell end !! . Also it obscures my sights marginally (observationally). I get a blurred picture .Should have gone to !!!!
Regards Trapper

Warm it up with a hairdrier...should work as I've noticed mine slips off after it gets hot ( :lol: )

Don't use oil or any liquid!! Turning it inside out and rolling it on is the answer as said by earlier posters. It's NOT the same as cammo tape!! Reduces the noise if you tap it against the highseat when climbing up or accidentally hit a gate or fence when stalking and it may be my imagination but it appears to reduce the sound when firing a shot (shot sound seems less 'tinny' with the neoprene sleeve on)

Mine goes on dry but there is always a damp patch around the weld points when I take it off. Can anybody shed any light on why this should occur? I have spoken with Jackson Rifles but they can offer no explanation other than it might be the effect of the heat on the neoprene.

Back