Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo

Ammo

Went out stalking this afternoon,when I got there I had forgot the ammo never done that before,I've a routine of how I get ready to go,not sure what went wrong,fortunetly I didn't have far to go back and get some

So having gone back to get some ammo did you actually need any in the end?

The worst I have forgotten, was the bolt when trying to go lamping a couple of years back
    Last edited by Oh6; 11-11-2012 at 21:22.

Welcome to the club

I've even managed to leave the dog sitting in the wood and return to larder on the quad.

He was still sitting where left but if looks could kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    So having gone back to get some ammo did you actually need any in the end?

The worst I have forgotten, was the bolt when trying to go lamping a couple of years back
    yes one shot was required

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Went out stalking this afternoon,when I got there I had forgot the ammo never done that before,I've a routine of how I get ready to go,not sure what went wrong,fortunetly I didn't have far to go back and get some
    I'm so glad it's not just me! I went out the other weekend to zero and turn some ammo into brass for reloading my new 17 Fireball and forgot the ammo also!
    I think the gun & me maybe jinxed......first Thames valley returned my FAC for the purchase of the Fireball but without permission for the ammo (maybe they new something i did not?) and six other mistakes! Fac returned with corrections in 5 days! Well done TVP! Got gun, no ammo available.....anywhere no cases either....finaly after more than three months i get some ammo.......go to farm to zero and find that the scope mounts are faulty! Go home, change the mounts then decide to fit new scope as well.....meet up with mate at the farm for a zero session only to find i picked up the wrong bag and have 100 rounds of HMR ammo with me not Fireball

Atb

Bruce

Don't worry, last time I went out I forgot the mag, but thankfully had some spare ammo so went single shot....so not a total waste but now I check check and check again!!

This will make you laugh, when I was contracting I forgot my rifle!! Five miles from home so not so bad. Done it once more since then.

Al

I went out with 222 got to the bit of ground and went to load up the magazine only to discover i had picked up my 243 pouch!! not a good idea having matching ammo pouches

once forgot shotgun, found out when I arrived at the driven shoot, 50 miles from the house...very short day indeed, and expensive :-(

also once bought a days salmon fishing in prime season, no ghillie or other anglers about on the day so just what I wanted - peace! of course I forgot my fly wallet..fortunately I had an ally's shrimp in the hat...never caught anything all day though...blame it on the one fly!

never forget to take ammo,have forgotten my bolt once and on several occasions magazines,luckily never to far from home,did once drive 2 hrs to go pike fishing and forgot to get my bait out the freezer.