Thread: Another new member

Another new member

Hi ladies and gents. I'm new to this forum and completely new to the deer stalking discipline of shooting. I currently control rabbits on the permission I shoot on using .22lr and .17hmr. Unfortuntely there are no deer on the land I cover, so one day i may go on a few paid stalks. I'm here to learn about deer stalking before maybe taking the plunge. Any tips or advice etc is welcome.

All the best, Sean. (From Wigan, Greater Manchester)
    Last edited by seanct; 11-11-2012 at 22:31.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Ay'up Sean...

I'll give you a few tips, don't mention longe range shooting or Amax... and it's bullets not heads.

If I think of owt else I'll let you know.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Ay'up Sean...

I'll give you a few tips, don't mention longe range shooting or Amax... and it's bullets not heads.

If I think of owt else I'll let you know.
    I'll bear it in mind. Luckily I use vmax bullet tips ;-) at mid range (1.2km) in my hmr

Good lad, anything further than that you'll have to start thinking about "hold over"

Is that fox still doing your head in?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Good lad, anything further than that you'll have to start thinking about "hold over"

Is that fox still doing your head in?
    I believe it to be misty tonight otherwise id be out tonight with my mates 12g. The boss is shopping tomorrow so in puppy sitting. I may consider Wednesday if its dry. Let me know if you change your mind. 65gr spat out of a .243 beats 50g 1s from a 12 in my top trumps.