Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallow Deer Strike!

Fallow Deer Strike!

Hi all, i have just got round to editing the dash cam video of my Deer srtike last January.
    I was on my way to Chipping Norton to pick up a mate to go stalking but collided with a Fallow Pricket just north of Woodstock. It caused over 500 of damage in parts alone (L/H headlight & indicator, Bonnet, Bumper, Grill & Wing) so the Jeep was writen off! Surprisingly the only visable damage to the Fallow was the head/neck area. It was retrieved and butchered, and only the left rear haunch was lost as a precausionary measure due to a small amount of contamination. This has to be the most expensive Venison i have ever had! The dashcam was my ipod touch in a phone mount on the windscreen.

ATB

Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20120122_071039.jpg   20120122_071305.jpg   20120122_143636.jpg  

lucky you werent going much faster

my sister hit a roe at around 70mph
    put a Vee in the bonnet/grill about 2ft deep!
    wrote the car off

How on earth did you not swear. So calm "That's not what I planned to do" brilliant.

Great footage though. Best evidence for the insurance company.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Ouch!

Is the camera a dedicated unit running all the time?

Being a passenger at the mo i nearly put my foot through the floor pan watching that..

Do you always video your journeys?
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    How on earth did you not swear. So calm "That's not what I planned to do" brilliant.

Great footage though. Best evidence for the insurance company.
    As i said this is the edited version....the language got a bit fruity after a couple of seconds though! And as for insurance, it was not worth loosing my no claims discount so i bought another Grand Cherokee for a grand a month later.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Ouch!

Is the camera a dedicated unit running all the time?
    As i said it's just my ipod touch (32gig) running the camera app sitting in a window mounted phone mount. I normally start it when i leave home and delete what is not needed at the end of the day. Sometimes i need to run it from the car 12v socket as the ipod's internal battery wont last long enough. I've also cought a few drivers doing some silly manovers as well!

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Being a passenger at the mo i nearly put my foot through the floor pan watching that..

Do you always video your journeys?
    And i nearly put my back out trying to get it into the back of the Jeep! Top tip from an old customer & friend of mine......if you are on your own, keep one of those large heavy weave Ikea bags in the car. You can get the arse end in the bag and use the handles and the head of the Deer to lift it in if the lip of the boot is rather high.

Did you phone the roads department and ask them if you could have the deer or did you just steel it. PS good video

Did the same with a Roe buck last year in an Audi TT. Caused 3000 of damage and lost my NCB. Couldn't pick it up as I would have been killed. Were it lay. As we know its not yours to pick up anyway. Had a badger in the TT also that caused stone 300 of damage. I don't use have it anymore as it attacked more wildlife than I could afford.