Thread: Bushnell Trophy Camera problems

Bushnell Trophy Camera problems

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help, i have two Bushnell Trophy Cams model - 119435. They have for some reason both stopped working? They seem to turn on as the red light on the front lights up but the LCD screen in the inside doesnt work? Has anyone else had this problem of perhaps knows how to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated given the price of these bad boys...! Thanks in advance! Jack

Try plugging them to the computer/hd tv with the cable provided and see if you can axcess the setup menu that way, on one of my cams I actually managed to shatter the lcd panel and thought I could no longer use it, but attaching the cable I found the menu screen and the camera still worked normally worth a try lad, though its odd that both cams have went down maybe something in the air electric/static interference ? this happened just lately with my van my wifes and her sisters cars, remote keyfobs would not open or close the vehicles this lasted for a few hours no ammount of changing keyfob batterys worked then as if by magic all three started working again

Hello,

This is not too uncommon a problem and we have found a firmware restore usually fixes the issue.

You can download it from here

Bushnell Firmware Update

Installed at your own risk of course, but this usually resolves the issue.

Before you do this, I would recommend turning it on with 4 batteries in (left hand side) and then wait 30seconds and turn off.

Good luck!

Paul

Ideal thanks for you help guys will give the firmware a try and then if it doesnt work try and put it into the tv! If they fair do bushnell have a repair centre or such like? Not sure i can stomach the cost of buying more .... *gulp*!! Thanks again!

Jack

That model number is 2011 no? Therefore surely they're within warranty? Don't f*** about with them unless you've exhausted repair/refund options with the retailer...

Just my advice

Stig

Edit... Sorry, it's 2010... I'd still be pressing the retailer for a repair option!!! You have loads of time, don't be fixated on "1year warranty"
    Last edited by stig; 13-11-2012 at 17:41.

Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Try plugging them to the computer/hd tv with the cable provided and see if you can axcess the setup menu that way, on one of my cams I actually managed to shatter the lcd panel and thought I could no longer use it, but attaching the cable I found the menu screen and the camera still worked normally worth a try lad, though its odd that both cams have went down maybe something in the air electric/static interference ? this happened just lately with my van my wifes and her sisters cars, remote keyfobs would not open or close the vehicles this lasted for a few hours no ammount of changing keyfob batterys worked then as if by magic all three started working again
    That would be the martian spaceship landing nearby, everything electrical went crazy, listen can you hear the war of the worlds narrative.... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    That would be the martian spaceship landing nearby, everything electrical went crazy, listen can you hear the war of the worlds narrative.... lol.
    Maybe thats not far from the truth!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hi
    I had a similar problem recently on mine. Red light on the front OK, LCD inside slow or wouldn't fire up. I thought I had a problem but put some new batteries in and hey presto good as new. Seems as if the LCD screen is the first thing to play up when the batteries are low. I had 8 in it for about 9 months used a lot over winter spring but not much over the summer (what summer?).

Hi
    I had problams with my Bushnell Trophy Cam it was about a year old so I sent it to the importers J J Vickers & Sons Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributors and it was replaced with a new one. Hope this helps
    David

Thanks for your help guys, JJ Vickers have taken one back for repair/ replacement. The other one was bought second hand so not covered under warranty so JJ Vickers refused to touch it, so i contacted bushnell direct and had an 'episode' on the phone, now in the post to them to be fixed under warrant. Good result! Shame they dont tell you the 2 year warranty is continued when the item is second hand! Thanks again for your help!