Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable cheek peice conversion

Adjustable cheek peice conversion

Does any one know were I can get the stainless steel adjustable cheek peice kit for converting existing wooden stocks into adjustable ones?

Also I have a plastic stocked Sako 85 and the check peice is fixed but appears to be a separate peice of plastic, anyone know if I can remove this and some how raise it?

Currently using beartooth comb raiser on both, it's fine on the plastic stock but the wooden stock it traps moisture between the neoprene and the wood.

Thanks

Seen some on the bay [ stainless steel adjustable cheek peice kit for converting existing wooden stocks into adjustable ones? ]

hi try this linkhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-cheek-riser-kit-for-rifle-shotgun-stock-/121000294967?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingS ports_ET&hash=item1c2c2dfa37

I have the same 85 stock as yours.
    You can remove the recoil pad with a star screwdriver and then remove the cheekpiece.
    I dont know if its possible to raise it though.

fairly sure brownells do em

Quote Originally Posted by steyrman View Post
    hi try this linkhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-cheek-riser-kit-for-rifle-shotgun-stock-/121000294967?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingS ports_ET&hash=item1c2c2dfa37
    Thanks just what I was after, will post a pic when I grow the balls to make the cut in the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by palo View Post
    I have the same 85 stock as yours.
    You can remove the recoil pad with a star screwdriver and then remove the cheekpiece.
    I dont know if its possible to raise it though.
    Never thought to remove the but pad... :doh!

Adjustabe Cheek Piece - MitcheJC's Air Rifle Stock Junction

For any or interested found this DIY version online and TBH it looks to be the ticket. I think this is the way I'm going to go except I am going to use two sets of stainless tubing, one for the sedges as per instruction and another as a bore liner to guar against inadvertent stock damage.

that eBay link looks horrible and poorly engineered

second link looks more like it, nice and neat

I thought the eBay link was pretty horrendous but if you look at the picture on the wooden stock you can see that the grub screws can be discreetly sunken Allen ones and that the large square metal base plate for the cheek price could be recesed into the stock so all you'd see is the two metal shafts and a Allen head. The only thing I 'm concerned about is the holes for the adjusters and how the wood can be protected there.

Have a look at this link, looks good but haven't tried it myself yet.

http://www.waveform.eclipse.co.uk/WE...ek%20Piece.htm

Bob