Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mp's pensions

Mp's pensions

This E-petition is to try and get MP's pensions to fall in line with all other public sector workers . Please sign petition and pass on.

MPs pensions should reflect public sector workers, minimum 35 yrs service for a full pension. - e-petitions

i have more chance of getting 50 cal for fox than mps taking a pay cut

How about all public sector pensions to fall in line with the private sector?

Surely the the real petition should to bring public sector pensions inline with the real world..?!

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    How about all public sector pensions to fall in line with the private sector?
    you beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by scotspine View Post
    you beat me to it!
    So - you think its right and good that your MP (the Ginger Rodent) has to do three years as an MP to get a full pension and my wife, a nurse, has to slave for, last time we looked about twenty odd years to receive less then 10% of that.

Mull the sensibilities of that over the next time you are in A&E.

Quote Originally Posted by Cry Havoc View Post
    Surely the the real petition should to bring public sector pensions inline with the real world..?!
    Why not bring the private sector into line with the public sector, mps pensions are a disgrace as are the top civil servants, most workers get next to nothing unless you serve most of your working life or pay a lot extra in, the big question is of the people who moan about pensions is how many of them pay 6.5% of there wage into a pension fund . Or are you expecting the tax payer ( people who saved for a pension) to look after you.

private sector try working al your life in construction and see what you get
    atb tom

Quote Originally Posted by kuwinda View Post
    So - you think its right and good that your MP (the Ginger Rodent) has to do three years as an MP to get a full pension and my wife, a nurse, has to slave for, last time we looked about twenty odd years to receive less then 10% of that.

Mull the sensibilities of that over the next time you are in A&E.
    Q1 - Nope I don't as he won't have earned it
    Q2 - Yes I do ( not the slave bit though!) as she earned it

Public sector pensions are generally very good , as is the pay and conditions. I don't begrudge your wife a pension but I feel for those who don't have one.