fox pairs

ksb

i was out last night for a couple of hours, this was the first in a few weeks due to work commitments etc. We scanned a small field and spotted a fox hunting something small around clumps of dockens in the far right corner of the field, after waiting a while to get a decent shot i dropped the fox at approx 130m. We started making our way back towards the gate into the field to recover the fox having a chat as we went. I scanned the rear of the field again to reveal another set of eyes this time a bigger fox. He was hunting in the similar ground ie dockens but in the back left of the field. There was no shot available due to the location and he didnt respond to the calls. i watched him for a good 5 minutes as he made he way over to his partner, he had a sniff at the dead fox and then trotted off. I was confident i could hit him at the slow walk which didnt work out the way i had hoped. I missed him and proceeded to make my way over to the first fox. she was a heavy vixen well hit in the throat and died on the spot. the dog fox was spotted again skulking around the edge of the field before he eventually left the area.

this is the first pairing of foxes i have seen this season,

Removed Two last night they were definitely an item, dog fox kept very close to the vixen even after she was down, about same time as last year around here.

Taking fox pro with me tomorrow night, try a few calls out, see what's what ?

Phil

Had these on Thursday night dog and vixen definitely paired up the vixen didn't go far when he was shot, later saw another pair but we only got the one. These completely ignored all calls especially anything fox related

suesiphone.jpg

the foxes i am seeing are definately in good shape, saying that we having only had a couple of frosts so far this season and they havent faced too much hardship. But i am certain the foxes i am hitting are larger and heavier than previous seasons in the same area

keith

I had five last night on a local pheasant shoot. Three came to the 'vixen on heat' call (two dogs and a vixen), a vixen came to the mouth caller after I heard her fighting over the hill (I'd left the Foxpro in position when I went to investigate), and the fifth was out in a field of sheep - it was shot in the throat at just short of 200 yards. Unlike the dumped 'charity foxes' I shot last week, these were all huge and really healthy (albeit with a bullet hole each).

Saw four pairs last saturday night but could only manage one pair,we hadnt parked these were on the way in.Also heared two or three others over the boundary this was near Oswestry.Dave

Al4x1. Nice pair to get, nice pic
Look in good nick. apart from the odd hole :D

Phil

for where they were shot they were exceptional its right on the edge of town and most are in pretty bad nick the dog was huge hence bothering to take a pic. The vixen was a throat shot like paddys as she shot into a patch of thistles on the shot and only stuck her head up when we went to pick him, under nv shooting downhill at 80 yards with a 200 yard zero I didn't want to shoot over her so cross hairs on neck and the shot went in about nose level through the spine and yet she still had some go in her when the dog found her which was amazing considering the damage,

hi there, im just wondering what light you have on top of your rifle? im thinking of getting one of these but dont know many people with one so looking to know what range they give good light out to and a make and model please if you could? looks perfect for jumping out of the landy, no wires catching on the gearstick! thanks!

Saw first pair a couple of weeks back now shot one the other ran back to a hedge line and watched us then got that as well the first was a vixen the second was the dog he didn't want to leave her have known them to be paired up from October before especially with it being mild as well

hi there, im just wondering what light you have on top of your rifle? im thinking of getting one of these but dont know many people with one so looking to know what range they give good light out to and a make and model please if you could? looks perfect for jumping out of the landy, no wires catching on the gearstick! thanks!

Its the nightmaster 800 works well with the red led but this time it had the IR one and was used with my archer night vision, works especially well when you have more than one as the second one doesn't seem to bolt as far as they do under a lamp

Its the nightmaster 800 works well with the red led but this time it had the IR one and was used with my archer night vision, works especially well when you have more than one as the second one doesn't seem to bolt as far as they do under a lamp

I use the BSA sub zero laser light. Perfect for the top of the rifle. I find the shot with a little coloured lamp then switch to the sub zero for the final bit. Works a treat

Phil

thanks Phillip and al4x1. the rest of my lamping kit is cluson stuff so ive been looking at their masterlite supreme which sounds good. ill check out your recommendations, cheers! like the sound of the night vision set-up but the budget wont stretch to that yet!

thanks Phillip and al4x1. the rest of my lamping kit is cluson stuff so ive been looking at their masterlite supreme which sounds good. ill check out your recommendations, cheers! like the sound of the night vision set-up but the budget wont stretch to that yet!

the only real difference I think is with the masterlight it still requires filters if you want a different colour, with the nightmaster you change the actual LED which seems to give a lot more light, certainly with the red led fitted you can see a good 250 yards easily

i bought a nd 350 sub zero a few weeks back mostly for the nights when i cant seem to find any one that wants dragging over miles of countryside lol
it works really well wide scan for looking for eyes then zoom in z bit then the same with scope till you aquired the target and confirmed species then its boom lights out its not night vision but i think its the next best thing stu

the only real difference I think is with the masterlight it still requires filters if you want a different colour, with the nightmaster you change the actual LED which seems to give a lot more light, certainly with the red led fitted you can see a good 250 yards easily

i had a look at the night master and to be honest it looks miles better than the masterlite. the idea of changing the led sounds way better than ****ing about with filters. thats great to hear you get that distance from the red led, when i put the red filter on my hand lamp (LA4) it cuts the distance down a lot. cant find many places that sell them though, one guy on ebay and another site called taclight, any where else?

I don't know anywhere else Taclight was where mine came from, was here the day after ordering and no messing about. The only difference compared to more conventional lamps is they have 3 power settings rather than a dimmer and the beam is pretty tight for scanning. But if you walk about its tiny and no external battery to carry so a pretty good trade off.

Back