Thread: Wipeout bore cleaner

Wipeout bore cleaner

I've watched the videos on you tube and it looks good stuff,only trouble is I can't seem to find the bore guide like the one in the video,does anybody know if it comes with a guide,do you have to state what caliber when you buy wipeout,cheers swaro

If it's the plastic bore guide inserted into the chamber then it's not part of the Wipeout system at all, you have to buy one separately.

You can get "universal" ones from Tipton which lock into place using the bolt recess but a rifle/calibre specific will do a better job of sealing the chamber as they push into the throat and have one or two O rings.

Possum Hollow are really good and Sinclairs do their own as well.

Possum Hollow Bore Guide Selection Chart is here, Possum Hollow Bore Guide Chart

I've got Tipton bore guide,not a universal one,remy 700 guide,that will have to do by the sounds of things,the spray foam can had a cone style nosal on one I saw on the video

Hi there just wondered whats this cleaner you speak about and is it any good ,cheers

I use wipe out + the accelerator, but was advised to use the liquid not the spray version by the supplier (HME on this site), It is brilliant.
    sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I've watched the videos on you tube and it looks good stuff,only trouble is I can't seem to find the bore guide like the one in the video,does anybody know if it comes with a guide,do you have to state what caliber when you buy wipeout,cheers swaro
    It is sold separately and not a product of Wipeout AFAIK. I also use Wipeout + accelerator which dissolves copper & other deposits in the barrel but expect my bottle to last a lifetime given how infrequently I clean my rifles. :-)

FYI I purchased bore guides from Reloading Solutions (Home - Reloading Solutions Limited - The Uk's premier source for Precision Reloading Products). Their website could do with a refresh but if you call them they are very helpful. And yes you will need to specify manufacturer, model & calibre. Hope this helps, Ado