What's the best neoprene wellies?

olivhar01

Hi all

Well it's time for a new pair of wellies so need some feed back on what's out there, budget would be £100 - £200

Atb
Cal

ive had a pair of seeland estate 5mm neoprene wellys for 2 years ,wear them most days for taking dog out.as well as for rough shooting and cant fault them.they were supposed to be seconds from john norris .bargain. at around 50 quid as far as i can remember

stottycake

Aigle parcours in brown (brun) for me. Great boots and really taking a beating with me and still no issues. Although I do tend to stay clear of wellies with zips, too much else to go wrong, I have the Aigle Parcours ISO boots just with adjustable gussett. When I bought them they were 90 on amazon then managed to get an amazon 25% off voucher bring them to 67.50! Wish I had bought two pairs!

Hi Cal,
I can't tell you the best but I can tell you what to avoid. I have a pair of Hunter Neo Gallway's that the wife bought me 2 years ago. I dont wear them very often as I prefer boots. they went back when they were 2 weeks old because they were coming apart, then the new pair fell apart. the pair I have now have been better but now starting to split. they are also quite heavy as well. Warm though!

Ezzy

I'd stick with the Aigles Cal.

You know what you'll be getting with them.

Hope your well mate, all the best.

Jim

The very first pair of neoprene wellies i brought were the Le Chameau Vierzonord. This was over 10 years ago, the rubber has perished in places around the ankle but they are still 100% waterproof. I still use these 2-3 times a week for rough jobs around the farm and woods. I think i paid about £120 for them back then, at £12 per year thats bloody good going.

Regards,

Cheers guys I think I will try the aigle, previously I bought some la-crosse alphaburly wellies and these have just fallen apart since my stalking trip to Scotland so I'm not too impressed with them after paying over £100
Atb
Cal

Bit like buying a rifle though. They do need to fit, so how well some manufacturer's last suits your feet might have a big bearing on what you buy. Try on lots. No probs in this house with Hunter Neos.

David.

Le Chameau would have always been my first choice but after reading a fair few reports on here, it seems build quality has slipped! Muck boots are fine but the soles don't last and are quite wide fitting around the ankle.
Toggi are good but I think I might go down the Aigle route myself as they are getting the big thumbs up here :thumb:

Despite having an odd fan, stay away from anything Hunter, unless you want cold wet feet [the landrover of the welly world!]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of Kudu which after 15 years are beginning to perish. i cant seem to find them any longer although very similar to the Aigle (I think). Does anybody know what happened to them.

Back