Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Insurance for an American?

Stalking Insurance for an American?

I am going to be coming over in late May, and already have some generous stalking offers. Checking my own liability insurance and it does not seem to carry abroad (well it actually will carry to Canada & Mexico, but nowhere else).

Do any of you know a good source for a short term stalking insurance policy? It seems that this is mandatory for nearly any stalking in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    CAM

ask if your insurance can be extended to cover uk europe

if you are stalking with a professional will his insurance not cover you?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Can't you just join BASC and take advantage of their insurance?

didnt think we could Stalk Americans any more

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Can't you just join BASC and take advantage of their insurance?
    I have a funny feeling you need to be a UK resident for the BASC insurance to be valid

Quote Originally Posted by wannabecanuck View Post
    I have a funny feeling you need to be a UK resident for the BASC insurance to be valid
    I just checked and non-UK residents are covered in the UK.

Geographical Limits:Cover under the policies applies anywhere Worldwide (excluding USA/Canada) in respect of temporary visits abroad by any
    member normally resident in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
    Non-UK residents who are members of BASC are covered under the terms of the policies, but only in respect of recognized
    BASC activities undertaken within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
    Document Summary

Edit: Reading it again, I'm unsure, does it only cover for activities organised by the BASC? Or all shooting and conservation type activities?

Edit 2: Yes it does cover, as 'BASC Activities' are defined in another paragraph.

recreational activities of wildfowling, stalking, the shooting ofgame, deer, vermin, and target shooting, airgunning, conservation, hawking, archery, angling and ferreting, gun dog working
    and training (“BASC activities”)
    Last edited by Tartan_Terrier; 19-11-2012 at 15:08.

TT,

Thanks for running that to ground for me. Looking at all the helpful replies, both posts and PMs, it seems either BASC or SACS are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I just checked and non-UK residents are covered in the UK.

Document Summary

Edit: Reading it again, I'm unsure, does it only cover for activities organised by the BASC? Or all shooting and conservation type activities?

Edit 2: Yes it does cover, as 'BASC Activities' are defined in another paragraph.
    Thanks for clearing that up and my bad. A few years back I was living out of the UK and needed insurance to hunt boar in France and BASC said they wouldnt cover it, your explanation clears it up.